Sign in to follow this  
Guest ianjf

PMDG 737 NG and FS X

Guest ianjf

Hi all,Was just reading about what is coming from PMDG in the future, and it sure looks great, I am particulary looking forward to the new 737NGX product, that sounds great!I know we cant get any "Extra" official info from PMDG but I was just wondering if anyone had heard or had any opinions on what extra they would like to see in NGX?I personally would like to see the following:Fully functional WX systems with tilt operations etc. ( I know this is a current problem with MS at the moment, but I am purely asking if anyone has heard any news from MS or anyone else? MS tell us all general specs and not the detailed stuff we want to hear about)Possibly the option of EGPWS also on the ND display.Complete functional FMC with Operational ACARS (Not sure how dependant on FSX this would need to be?)Complete NG Overhead Panel - showing Leading Edge lights and Circuit Breaker Panel etc.System Monitoring switches enabled. Brake Pressure Dials operational.Lots of nice new animations as promised by PMDG.Possibility of an inbuilt "Simulator Experience" i.e. Failure Scenarios for aircraft (I know there is an extensive failures option available for the PMDG product, but pre-loaded scenarios like what real pilots experience in their simulator training would be a great option) things like Engine Failure/Fire on take-off, Hydraulics failing on landings etc, just scenario based stuff FSX did promise to offer Scenario / Mission based stuff in FSX, maybe PMDG could take advantage of that feature and use some PMDG based scenarios also?Some things which presently bother me about the system are as follows (And maybe these problems can be rectified im not sure) are:When replaying PMDG NG, the replays never seem to work out correctly the way you did them. For example if I wanted to replay a take off scene and record it in FRAPs, all sorts of alarms and whistles etc are heard on replay (Which I dont want).The other thing is if I have the plane sitting on say Runway 27L in Heathrow with everything configured properly and ready for take off, you dont seem to be able to save that set up. You can save it alright but when you load it in again all FMC information etc is gone, is there anyway of saving "Everything" as is, so you can practice SID departures, try fly them manually and with different combinations of Auto Pilots etc. It takes too long otherwise to be setting everything up to try a differnt method for your SID departure, this could benefit learning the systems a lot more!Ian.

There was a post in the FSX forum that was asking about Wx radar, and taildragger said they will not be releasing FSX with Wx radar, but they are hoping to include details in the SDK to make it easier for 3rd parties to do so, so we MAY BE in luck :-)I too would like to see the brake accumualtor pressure gauge and light operational

Alaister Kay

Really can't start to talk about what's possible etc until we've seen FSX and the SDK etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ian,At the moment only the Level D 767 saves the FMC info with the flight. It is a great feature and should be mandatory on any add on. It also has third party wing views that are easy to install and actually work. I say this as someone who has the QOTS as well and loves it.Gerry

Guest ianjf

Hi Ryan,Thats fair enough and I can appreciate the fact that you cannot begin to speculate on what will and wont be available in another companies future product which you need to rely on.But would PMDG not like a feed back area of what the users would like to see in new releases of software etc? All it can do is help with development ideas etc? The smallest of things can make all the differences and in my opinion PMDG are the best products, but things like the FMC saving into the flight save as Gerry mentioned the D 767 can do, and I agree with him that all add ons should be able to that, as we dont want to spend 30+ minutes setting the plane up to learn the FD on a manual departure etc? Also passenger and wing views are great things also.So it would be good to hear PMDG's view on whether or not you would like to hear from the users as to what we would like etc?One more thing is that documentation and tutorials for the NG from PMDG would have been nice also, like what is in production for the QOTS.Thanks,Ian.