Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

747F Max Landing Weight

>I was just wondering, if the landing weight for the 747PAX is>630,000>and that's the ZFW for the 747F, what is it's landing weight? >Everywhere I checked in the manuel said it was still 630,000.>>Ryan GamurotHi Ryan,I'm not sure if you're confusing maximum landing weight and ZFW as the same thing. The ZFW is the weight of the plane itself, which for the 400 passenger version is 394,000lbs, the weight of the passengers, and the weight of the freight. This is the weight without the fuel. In the 747 freight version, the ZFW would be the weight of the plan itself and the freight, also without the fuel. I haven't read the 747F version manual so I'm not sure on the ZFW for the F version. But ZFW and maximum landing weight is not the same thing. It should tell you somewhere in the manual what the maximum landing weight is for the 747F. According to Boeing's website, the maximum take-off weight for the 747 freight version is 875,000lbs, same as passenger version. So, I would think the maximum landing weight would be close to the same as the passenger version. Ken.

Hey Ken,What I meant was the weight of the aircraft with everything but the fuel. That for the F is about 630,000. That's also the max allowable landing weight for the 747PAX. I'm confused why the landing weight would be the same weight as an aircraft without fuel to actually land. This would mean the landing weight for the 747F would have to be higher...I hopeRyan Gamurothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

>Hey Ken,>>What I meant was the weight of the aircraft with everything>but the fuel. That for the F is about 630,000. That's also>the max allowable landing weight for the 747PAX. I'm confused>why the landing weight would be the same weight as an aircraft>without fuel to actually land. This would mean the landing>weight for the 747F would have to be higher...I hope>>Ryan GamurotHi Ryan,I see what you're saying now. I checked at Boeing's website under the technical section and it doesn't say what the maximum landing weight is. I search other areas of the website and I finally found it. It's says it's maximum landing weight is 666,000lbs. This is for the 747-400F, not the passenger version. You can download this document from: http://www.gecas.com/pdf/B747-400f.pdfKen.