Sign in to follow this  
Guest taylorwass

Can somebody please make me an approach

Guest taylorwass

Hi, sorry for asking about this but i read several tutorials on making approaches with no luck. What I need is the RNAV approaches for my home airport Rockhampton, Queensland (YBRK).I have tried navdata.at and nearly every other reigonal airport appears to have an RNAV made but not rocky.Here are the chartsRunway 15http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/public...BRKGN01-101.pdfRunway 33http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/public...BRKGN02-101.pdfThanks so much for the awesome product.

The Terry Yingling tutorial provides the tools you need to build these...they are very straigtforward but you need to prepare by first collecting the latlon coordinates for every fix used by the approaches. The current ybrk.txt file from Terry's planepath.com already has the runways identified. Add the fixes to the fixes section and then create the RNV approaches in the approaches section. You can use a similar RNAV approach at a different airport as a rough go-by. It's not difficult once you've done the first one. Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi there,I have been mucking about learning to write these SIDS/STARS etc. Try the attached file. Open up Notepad and copy and paste the text into it. Call the file YBRK and then save it in the C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS (or whatever other folder you have PMDG SIDSTARS in). I haven't tried all the transitions but the ones I did worked fine. I have tried to keep it as close to real as possible.It will only work for PMDG FMC aircraft and wont appear on GPS aircraft. Also ATC wont recognise this approach. If I get time I will try to sort this out. In the meantime enjoy your RNAV approaches into Rockie!CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall