Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

KLAX to NZAA Flightplan

Guest gremel

Anybody have a flight plan for this route from Los Angeles to Auckland, NZ. I'm going in a couple months via Qantas 747. I hope that Qavion aka (Qantas-bird), can come up with one. I still have the Qantas 747 hat that you gave all of us on the PS1 forum a few years back. Sure would like another one if you can still get them. I might even wear it on the flight...Regards,jack

Guest alexhn

QANTAS uses company specific flex tracks on routes like these - i.e. they change every day of the week, every week of the year. They are composed of a set of Long/Lats, similar to NATS. However, as these tracks are developed by QANTAS and not an aviation authority, they are not available to the public (JD wouldn't want his precious routes going to the competing airlines would he ;))The flex tracks are planned so that they get the best possible weather for the route.However, i do believe they can be obtained several hours later from www.flightaware.com

Guest flight78

Not so hard to get IMHOThey usually dont use NATS on KLAX-NZAA more airways and waypointsFrom 20 mayQFA29Initial ALT;28000KLAX FICKY B200 AMATT B200 CARLS B200 ANJJE B200 ASORO B200 AKLOM G594 AA NZAAMAY 19Same flight numberInitial ALT; 32000KLAX FICKY B577 BELAN B577 SANTA B577 DARMA B577 TUT B575 REPOL B575 AA NZAAAir new zealand uses NATS more on the route though.ANZ1KLAX FICKY TONYS B454 ARENS B454 BORIC 1000N/14000W 0500N/14500W TENOR 0712S/15700W 1000S/16000W KINAG VISIK 3000S/17900W SELKA NZAAAltough as said Qantas uses NATS from time to timeExample May 15 this monthKLAX PRCH9 FICKY 3000N/12300W 2500N/12600W 2000N/12800W 1500N/13100W 1000N/13500W 0500N/14000W 0330N/14130W 0000N/14500W 0500S/15000W 1000S/15500W 1200S/15700W 1500S/16000W 2000S/16500W 2500S/17000W 3000S/17400W 3500S/18000E AKLOM G594 AA NZAAKind regards:Alexander

Guest gremel

Thanks guys for your inputs...I wander where "Qavion" is?? I love that "pseudo name"! Very clever indeed. Hopefully working on the Qantas 747 that I'll be taking...Regards,jack

Guys,NAT stands for North Atlantic Track - it's not a general definition for a route over the ocean that uses LAT/LON, it's specific to the northern atlantic ocean."PACOTS" are the PACific Organized Track System and this is the term you want to use for routes over the Pacfic. (Though the Pacific does have airways as well - see some mainland to Hawaii plans for instance...)You can find the current tracks for both at https://www.notams.jcs.mil/

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest benhoffman

The simple route is: PERCH9.FICKY.B200.AKLOMAuckland is having a major runway works program at the moment so one of three scenarios is usually in use:1. Both runways operating2. One closed with the other fully open3. One closed with the other open at the displaced thresholdThere are three sets of charts for the airport because of this; white (for normal operations) and green and yellow for the two special operations.These charts can be found at www.aip.net.nz or Jeppesen if you use the Jepps like meThe current Auckland ATIS is at http://www.airservices.gov.au/brief/html.a.../avreq?met=NZAA

Guest gremel

Very useful information. Thanks Ben for the 'heads-up' on all the upcoming attactions at NZAA.Regards,jack

Just to correct you here.Both runways are never operating at the same time.Runway 05R/23L is the primary runway and is being resurfaced and widened. I believe the task was completed in the last day or so.Over the last 7 years for a month (usually May) 05R/23L has been closed and runway 05L/23R have been used. This is a taxiway that was converted to a temporary runway for this purpose.05L/23R have only been used during the month when 05R/23L has been closed.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Hey Jack, just go to flightaware every once in a while and check for flights out of LAX to NZAA. Here is a link for what I came up with using Flightaware: http://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvt?...estination=nzaaChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ASUS A8V Deluxe 2.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2ProWD 120 gig HDDWD 80 gig HDDTwin WD 160 gig SATA HDDsSB Audigy 2ATI Radeon X850 Pro 256CH Products USB Yoke, Pedals, Throttle QuadWindows XP Pro SP2

Guest benhoffman

>Both runways are never operating at the same time.Hey thats really intereting; I'd assume with parallel operations you can get more planes in/out but then again, Auckland doesn't get 50 planes an hour like some airports :)None the less, if any of us PMDGers are ever there, I do recommend the "Lookout Lounge" in the international terminal - slept there a few times (in between spotting planes on the Observation Deck) :D

Guest gremel

Thanks Chuck. Great site.Regards,jack

Hi Jack,I just returned from NZAA through KLAX, although I flew Air New Zealand. I'm from there originally and still have a lot of family living there. I hope you bet to enjoy the great "Kiwi" hospitality down there.....There's a great article in a recent "Airports" magazine on NZAA.Bruce.

The two runways are too close together to allow for simultaneous operations. The intention of the 'temporary' parallel runway is purely to free up the main runway for maintenance, rather than to improve traffic flow, something that (as already pointed out) isn't such an issue for NZAA!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest PBlack

Here's a real-world flight plan from a flight I took a few years ago.LAX LENNA 25N133W 20N140W CANOL SANTA QUIGG PASSA SAPIX DARMA TUT NISEX TBU REPOL MOMTA SELKA AKLPeter

Guest gremel

Thanks Peter, and thanks Brucek for the article reference concerning New Zealand. Looks like a fantastic place. Can't wait..Regards,jack