Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

MCP747 question

Hello, Has anyone tried the Queen with Aerosoft's mcp747 yet? I downloaded the zip from misc files at PMDG and installed as instructed. No joy for me yet. I'm running the mcp's software on the 2nd PC via widefs.Thanks.

Guest Marc Harrington

Did you install the PMDG interface AND update your firmware? There are two files you have to download in the MISC section.

works perfectly here,maybe it needs to be on the main fs pckeith

>Did you install the PMDG interface AND update your firmware?>There are two files you have to download in the MISC section.>>Mark, thanks for the answer. I guess what you call firmware, is not actually a firmware, it is just v.2.6 of the software for Aerosoft mcp. My last firmware file is v.2.2 to avoid the confusion. The one that you see on the mcp's window panel is the version of the software, not firmware. You have to press several buttons on mcp to produce the firmware in one of mcp displays.I'm not sure in which order should I install these 2 files from PMDG though. Should I run v.2.6 installer first and then copy over 2 requred files from Aerosoft_747MCP_PMDG_Drivers.zip? I think so.Anyway, it works now on my system if the software is running on the same PC. I guess it is a problem with SP2, but my firewall/protection settings are off. Running FSUIPC 3.53 with widefs that was there at the time of the release of that version. Any ideas how to get mcp work via widefs?? Anything that I should add else to the client or server ini? Basically the default Boeing sees the mcp on the other computer. PMDG and Level-D dont. Only if it is on the same PC. Weird.

Thanks, keith. That what I was thinking when I wrote it. How to make it work via widefs???