Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly_By_Wire

Any way to import FS2004 Flight Plan into FMC?

Guest Fly_By_Wire

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do the above?Thanks!

Hi,There is a piece of software called PLN2RTE.exe that converts .PLN files to .RTE files. So you can plan your flight using FS2004 flight planner and convert it to PMDG format then load it straight into the FMC. It works for both 737 and 747.Just search avsim or flightsim.com to find it and its free.RegardsIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest Fly_By_Wire

Thank you Ian!

Ms/Mr Nameless,Export your flight plans from FSNavigator to FS2004 format and then use PLN2RTE to convert to PMDG format.You could also do a search for the above in this forum. I'm sure you would get a multitude of hits.And please sign your posts with your name as per the forum rules. It's always nice to know who you talk to.Hope it helps,

Hey Matts, thanks much for your response. I was hoping there was some way to convert directly from FSNavigator to the FMC. Anyway I do appreciate it. By the way, my name is Owen, hence the OMillerjr. I really didn't think it would be necessary to sign since my name is already there. I'll sign in the future. Thanks again.Owen

Owen, there is an export module available for PMDG at the FSNav site. This will export your flightplans directly to rte format from FSNavigator(the doc says).

The FSNavigator web page has a download for the 737. I was under the impression that the 737 and 747 flight plans are different. Is that correct? I have the 737 but at the moment I'm flying the 747. Owen

Guest Steve_Park

If you take a look at your Flight Simulator 9/PMDG folder you will notice that there is only one Flightplans and SIDSTARS folders that both the NG and the QOS use. Back when we used to get AIRAC updates, there is only one for PMDG and it updated the FMC's dates in both. Yes the FSNav export module work's for both the 737NG and the 744 flight plan's.Steve Park

Hey Steve, made 3 flights using the FSNavigator converter and it works great! Thanks. Owen

Guest rjsniteflyte

What file do you download the FSNV module to? Thanks for everyone's support and input on this siteBob AdamsKSAN