Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

A simple yes or no question about wing views

HiI've been away for a while and was curious if anything (freeware) is out for wing views ive seen alot of 747 wing views and was curious if they were pmdg ones?Again a simple yes or no will do, if yes feel free to tell me how to get them!

Guest thscholz

Freeware: NoPayware: Yes;-) CheersThomas

Guest thscholz

>Ok thanks, by chance do you know the link to the payware that>offers it?That would be "Walk & Follow" by IGFly:http://www.igfly.com/Oh, or FSX.;-) CheersThomas

Guest andyman

Download and see for yourself. (i haven't downloaded it.)

'Recorder' is no longer a proper description of this module - it has MANY features beyond recording/playback - advanced tower and spot view options are also available - try it and be amazed :)This module imho is as significant a freeware gift as Activecamera was back in fs2k2regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Ok I will but what im trying to accomplish is to see the wings of the 747 not just pan around what i already have like virtual cockpit, iM trying to understand how tower or spot plane will get me into the aircraft and put me at the wing view seat like the pmdg 737?

Here we go :) :Unless a model is created with wings modelled/visible in 'viewpoint 1' (internal view) you will NOT be able to see the wings like you do with say the IFDG Airbusses or LDS 767.Secondly, by default fs9's 'spot view' i.e. 'viewpoint 2' does indeed lock you to the central point of the model so you do in fact end up just rotating around that point.Modules like Walk and Follow and now Recorder allow you to create 'wingviews' from SPOT view by disconnecting you from that central point - you can then move freely in any direction back/forth, up/down and sideaways. With this freedom you can dynamically position yourself at a point along the fuselage, look out over the wing and save that view.Presto - wingview - only drawaback is because it's a SPOT view position , viewpoint 2, the engine sound you hear is EXternal.Also, if I was unclear, you do not have to record/replay to use Recorder's advanced views, they are a separate feature of the module and always available.Hope this helps.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

mark rey,cheers for the detailed descriptions! i particularly appreciate it since i was considering to download the recorder, which i will now do.toma

HiIf anyone has set up the numbers to properly line up there wing view for the 747, can you tell me which numbers to enter? Im having alot of problems finding the wing view with manual panning with this tool. I'm used to walking around which you can't achieve in spot view.Thanks!

Once you activate advanced spot view you can move anywhere using default fs9 keys, eg shift-enter for up, shift-backspace for down, ctrl-enter to move backward, etc, etc. It's all in the docs - if it's not working for you you might want to email Matthias.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark