Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reddog

Grumman Goose?

I've taken a look around for a FS2002 version of the Grumman Goose but haven't located one. Anyone know if one exists? The only thing I have found is an FS98 version.I was inspired to do some island hopping after remembering a cheesy 80's television series (points to anyone who can name it).If my search is fruitless, can anyone suggest a similiar, 30's or 40's-era amphibious plane that is available as a GMAX FS2k2 add-on?Mack

Guest Timbo
http://b314clipper.comIt's a bit bigger than a Goose. :) The price might seem high initially, but when you see everything you get with it, it's worth every penny. I highly recommend it.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated July 20th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

For now there are several versions of the Albatross about ... I seem to remember the "cheesy 80's television series" but I can't remember the name - for some reason I always think it was called "Cutler's Goose" but since I have never found anything on this I guess I am wrong !!! - If you know then please put me out of my misery !!I am currently working on the Mallard (see the link below), which should be available at some point !!!

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,The show was/is "Tales of the Gold Monkey".Nope, no 2K2 Goose exists, though several designers have talked about doing one. I've had to resort to tweaking Bill Black's '98 version.

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,:-jumpy Yippeeee, so there's someone else out there who's invested in the B314. :-) She is a beauty, ain't she. Now, all that's needed is for someone to set up a virtual Pan American Airways and someone to do a 1938 version of Hong Kong harbour. I'd sign up in a flash. :-lol

I would never have got that in a million years !!! Thanks for the info.....

The Goose is next up on my list (thanks to Heather) after I finish the 727 I'm currently working on. Mike Stone

Yo. We could flash up a couple of Cathay Catalinas as well, albeit that they were a little later. And with Mike's new Grumman Goose on its way ... oh what fun we'll have.Keeping between the green bits .... for an interesting map of Kai Tak as it was in earlier days, have a look at one of the offshoots of my site:http://www.swiremariners.com/kt45.htmlMark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Heather 636

Thank you again Mike for that Goose (the plane silly)! *****hugs and kisses*****After a lengthy and exhaustive search for Tom Schaad, the original author of the Grumman Duck I repainted, I just received a go-ahead from Tom Allensworth to upload the newly modified and repainted Grumman Duck.I still need to clean up the package a little bit and make sure that I've covered all the bases in regards to thank you's to everyone who was involved in making her sea/airworthy for FS2K2.Then upload she goes. If not today, definitely tomorrow.Oh, other good news!Received a VERY NICE letter from Jan Visser last night; reconfirming his permission to upload my "Heather's Air Charter" DC-3 repaint (textures only). Just uploaded that package 'bout half an hour ago.I still think your work ranks up there with the cream of the crop. Just thumb your nose at the critics and tell them to "Tell it to the Marines!"Yeah!Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Jeez!! How embarrassing!I must be suffering a session of "mentalpause."I think I'll get off of here and go have another pot of coffee before trying anything else.Aren't you glad I'm not at work today in a nuclear power facility!!"You said I pressed WHAT button!!?? Never mind! Shut up and run faster!!"Sorry MikeHeather

Guest Reddog

Hey Heather I/m d/l your DC3 textures right now!I want to use them on the ABC DC3 That I got from Don's site, will they work with that one. Tried to use BFU's textures on it and wouldn't show up but I didn't know about the changing of the 3 letters in the texutre files so may try that one again. Also looking forward to your Duck too! will that be just the textures or the whole plane.:-yellow1http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/596406.jpgUSMC Retired

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Wow! It's confirmed!!! Thanks Mike (and also to Heather ... for the persuasion). Yipppeeee. :-jumpy