Sign in to follow this  
Guest --AdAm--

PMDG 737-600, 700, 800, 900 textures disappearing

Guest --AdAm--

Ever since I bought my 737s, I've been noticing that many textures on the aircrafts randomnly disappear. Parts of the cockpit, fuselage, engines, wings, elevators, etc. just go missing. They are left blank with no details or colour whatsoever. The overall performance of FS9 is fine so something has to be wrong. I tried re-installing but that didn't help. Technical support didn't tell me much either.I have windows XP, intel pentium 4, 2.6 Ghz, 512 mb of RAM, Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro with 512 mb of memory also (and yes, I have the correct drivers installed for my vid card).Any help would be appreciated. :)

Adam, is it? Ya gotta use a name when you post. We like to know who we're talking to ;-)Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product? Your issue is not one that I've ever run across so I'd be interested in knowing if this solves the issue.

Guest --AdAm--

Sorry about that. I'm new to the forums.Yes I've tried re-installing and installing the aircraft, but eventually the same thing occured. Sometimes, half the fuselage of the -800 and -900 goes blank with no colour or textures whatsoever, while the other half is perfectly normal. On the -600 and -700 aircraft, the textures on the wings, engines and elevators tend to disappear very often. Clours and textures in the cockpit sometimes also disappear. If there was any way that I can take screenshots, then I would gladly show you.Adam Polanski

Guest Ohio330

Sounds like a graphics card driver problem to me. May want to post your system/graphics card specs, and graphics card version your running. In the mean time, make sure you have the latest graphics card driver installed (latest isnt ALWAYS the one you want..but obviously the one you have isnt working right)

Adam,Can you check your performance settings under Properties in My Computer?Right Click My ComputerGo to PropertiesGo to Advanced TabClick Settings Button under PerformanceClick Advanced TabUnder Memory Usage change to Programs Do not use system cache.Hopefully this should clear the problem for you.Hope it helps,

Guest --AdAm--

I checked the advanced settings and went to memory usage.It said ..."By default your computer is configured to use a greater share of memory to run your programs. Adjust for best performance of: programs , or system cache" System cache was always checked so I changed it to programs. When I tried FS9 the textures were still disappearing.As I stated in an earlier post, I have Win. XP 2002 service pack, Intel Pentium 4, 2.6 ghz, 512 mb of RAM, a Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro video card with 512 MB of memory. I not that long ago removed my old drivers and installed the new correct ones. Perfromance improved but the same problems occured again.I also tried minimizing all my scenery setting to minimums but that didn't help either. I'm out of ideas.My disc is a little bit scratched. Maybe its because of this?Maybe I need more RAM? Is there any way to take screenshots?Adam Polanski

Guest marineman4012

I have had similar problems with my computer. When I installed the 373-800/900 All of my ground textures disappeared, in stead it was al blue, but the contours still showed. It looked the the whole earth was a huge dark blue ocean. My aircraft textures disappeared too, including the AI. They were all a grayish / white. When I uninstalled the 737 everything worked ok. A few months and about 10 system restores later (because of other problems), I decided to try the 737 again. Everything appears to be working now.-Mark Becker

>Ever since I bought my 737s, I've been noticing that many>textures on the aircrafts randomnly disappear. Parts of the>cockpit, fuselage, engines, wings, elevators, etc. just go>missing. They are left blank with no details or colour>whatsoever. The overall performance of FS9 is fine so>something has to be wrong. I tried re-installing but that>didn't help. Technical support didn't tell me much either.>>I have windows XP, intel pentium 4, 2.6 Ghz, 512 mb of RAM,>Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro with 512 mb of memory also (and>yes, I have the correct drivers installed for my vid card).>>Any help would be appreciated. :)I know this will sound basic, but have you defragged in a while?- John