Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

X-FEED CONFIG error?

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi guys,everytime the EICAS tells me to go to tank to engine and I go to the o/head, turn off the main over ride pumps then switch the x-feed valve over I gat an EICAS bleeper and alert go off which I duly cancel.Can anyone tell me why this maybe happening as I am following the procedure they use in the VIR19 video and they don't get an alert??Cheers.Mark.747400.jpg

Guest Callmecapt

Make sure all tanks are EQUAL when you go tank to engine. If they are not equal, you will get a warning and you will have to configure your pumps and crossfeed valves to burn off fuel in the offending tank to make sure all tanks are equal.Also, I don't think it makes a difference, but close the crossfeed valves first, then turn off the override pumps.Goran

here's how it can happen:tank 2 equalises with tank 1 - result 'tank to engine' is triggeredBUTtank 3 is NOT yet equal to or less than tank 4, so when you go tank to engine you get the x-feed error. Remember - tank to engine should be set only when 2<=1 AND 3<=4next time wait until BOTH 2 and 3 are equal or less than 1 and 4 respectively - THEN go tank to engine.typically tank 2 is a little less than 3 since the apu was burning fuel from 2 on the ground, so it will equalise with 1 before 3 equalises with 4 - that's what happens with me anyway.I wondrer then why 'tank to eng' is triggered when only one condition is met?Gurus please correct me if any or all of this is hogwash.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest fullflapsplease

Cheers, guys, I'll be giving it a whirl in a bit ;)Mark.747400.jpg