Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

Airbus Information

Fascinating aircraft are'nt they? I wonder how PMDG intends to implement the autothrust modes :)I'm sure though that it will be incredible inside and out - given their philosophy and record if PMDG is satisfied it can be done, it's gonna be done right.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

so whats so special about the airbuses that I always hear about?fly by wire or something?on the f16 this just means that when u move the stick somewhere, u are not telling the plane to go there, instead you are requesting it, and the computer will do what u wanted...

Fly-by-wire in itself isn

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest B1900 Mech

Read up on crosswind landing techniques, It's definitly a different bird all together,For example,where you have to bump the sidestick controller,and recenter it,rather than hold constant pressure. Also a lot more complex than the Boeing,as far as FMS,FMA modes ect.

Guest kame

>A proper simulation of these rules and of a proper FBW system>has apparently been very difficult to do within the>constraints of MSFS, in my opinion the A320PIC came closest. I think also tha A320PIC come closest together with the APOLLO's AIRBUS FlyByWire so far but these are not satisfactory.I'm looking forward to release of the PMDG A320.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

well 1 good thing about airbuses I know is that most cockpits are identical... so pmdg will have less time making a cockpit saayyy for 340 once they've made one for 320 :)i'm sure that will save them lots and lots of timeso if u were to become a pilot, what would u wanna opilot... airbus, or boeing? :)

I'm old school, I'm Boeing. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the Airbus as an aircraft. Sometimes I think I'm just scared of all that extra technology and the learning curve that comes with it. It also kind of reminds me that in a not too distant future there will no longer be the need for pilots as we know them today. Kinda sad... And I do like the KISS principle used by Boeing to build the 777. Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

What is the KISS principle?I like airbus and boeing... I would have to say that airbus is going the right way, because its just the way of the future... I dont think we'll ever have fully automated planes that can do everything ontheir own from taxi to park, but I'm sure it'll be so that 1 pilot will just be there to 'oversee' the operation and nothing else... prbably once the plane is airborne, he wont have to touch a thing (its almost like that nowadays :()

>What is the KISS principle?Keep It Simple Sweetheart (Or Stupid... depending on mode)>I dont think we'll ever have fully automated planes that can>do everything ontheir own from taxi to park...That's what mankind has said about any automation, and look at us now. A western world nuclear (or nukelar as a popul... well known president says) plant's security systems today are totally automated. The personel responsible for the operations of the plant is having a good shift if nothing happens i.e. they don't need to intervene. As a matter of fact the job is so much about monitoring, every six months the crew goes for a check ride in simulators where they train for major incidents and malfunctions. (Hey doesn't that sound familiar?). At least that's the case for swedish nuclear operational staff. (I talked to one shift engineer when visiting a couple of years ago and he told me nothing had happened on his shift for over three months that needed his, or his staff's intervention. Talk about dull, and you still have to keep yourself on top of things. And a nuclear plant has the potential to kill far more than an aircraft. Anyways. Just to keep a perspective on things... ;-)Cheers,

Hiya Jim, yeah I know, there are a lot of things different between any FBW equipped bird compared to a more or less "normal" one, I just wanted to point to the, IMO, main difference that has been difficult to see properly done in MSFS. I talked to a SAS captain about the Airbus and the only thing he mentioned as being a bit trickier was the landings with the bump-and-release as you mention. Even if the FBW is working to maintain attitude a gusty wind is doing it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Once upon a time the airbus was all that. the plane is coming up 20 years old now. it isnt that fantastic anymore. is ther airbus a better plane than boeing? no jut different philosophy in design. take the pilot out of the equation airbus says. even through the airbus has all this "technology", the boeing is still a more efficient machine. dont get me wrong. i am not an all boeing fan. i like both.

Hej Mats,I saw a program where the pilot-less concept was talked about. If I remember correctly the engineers said that technically it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Tord,Tack

Emir, like Mats stated. KISS means keep it simple sweetheart (stupid)! Why make things more complicated than they need be? That's what I like about Boeing's philosophy (at least in relation to the 777, which I know for a fact is the way they went about it).As a matter of fact I'm a big fan of kissing, especially when a beatiful girl's envolved :)Anyway, as much as I look forward to learning how to pilot a new A320 aircraft next year (and being scared about it too), I don't think I'll have the time to learn how airbus function...Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg