Sign in to follow this  

How many hours in your logbook?

I was just checking out FSLogbook over at LAGO and I was wondering how obsessed with FS are we?I only have 195 hours in My FS2002 logbook, and it started on Jan. 1, 2002. I guess thats still over 25 hrs a month. Wish I would have kept all of my FS2000 and X-Plane logbooks.So how about you? -------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

When I "upgraded" to Pro, I lost all of my Standard flights, so I now have:14.5 day hours and 1.0 night hours (2.6 of them instrument).15.5 total hours over a month.

Hmm, its been awhile since I've LOGGED any time. Outside of testing newly installed aircraft that is. Seem to spent all the time installing new stuf. :')First flight in f2k2DATE AIRCRAFT MODEL TO/FROM/REMARKS DAY NIGHT INST. TOTAL 10/20/01 American MD-90 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.5 Last recorded flight, 6/12/02 Boeing 737-700 Southwest Nevada Seattle-LasVegas 2.0 0.0 0.0 2.0 Overall, TOTALS 86.7 4.1 1.0 91.8 Ugh.. Bad forum formatting.. Oh well..

Hey: You have to catch up. I flew some legs on the Around the World Challenge this past few days, and on one of them I flew almost eight hours out of twenty four. So that is about half your total. Come on now. Fly them planes. I did use the Autopilot a lot; a heck of a lot.Ha.

Guest Pardue802

I'm curious, how do you guys manage to be able to spend so much time on FS? I mean, coming from the point of view of a guy fresh out of college and now into my first serious full time job. I get home at 5:30 and then it seems it's bedtime! When do you fly?I'd love to do a real-world weather flight around the world, but being locked into the time constraint of 5:30 - 11 or so, much of the time I spend in the air (at least for half of my trip) will be at night, which I'd like to avoid. I don't really have the option of choosing what time of day to fly. I could set my time to "Day" for all of my flights, but then the weather wouldn't be accurate. Be nice if I could set everything up for a specific time of day and have FS load the weather DURING that time of day, and then come back to my hobby at night.Still, not much time to do stuff, what do you guys think? Wouldn't it be neat if FS background loaded all the weather for a 24 hour period and adjusted that automatically depending on what time of day you have the sim set to? Maybe there's a third party program that already does this.But still... where do you guys find the time to fly????Best regards,Ken

I am curious how these guys spend so much time flying too. My friends tell me I fly to much, yet I only have 200 hrs this year.AS far as weather and flying, there is a program called GetWeather that I used a while back. It will download metars as often as you want through out the day and then you can pick which one to fly with. That should solve that problem. I would imagine it is available in the library here.As far as flying around the world, try to fly a leg or two of the next Round the World Challenge. We just finished the first one and it was a real blast.-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" -(Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Only 256TT in My FS2002 Log book. 44 Night time and 18 IMC time. In FS2K I had over 700hrsTT. 300 Night and 180 IMC.I guess it's time to do some more Instrument night trainers!Ken