Sign in to follow this  
Guest mark_wilby

FMC Fix button

Guest mark_wilby

FMC Fix buttonHi AllI have started to use the FIX button in the FMC I

I don't think there's a wrong way to do what you are doing; however, most flightsimmers enjoy using actual flight plans. Besides, all jets fly at altitudes that are in positive control airspace so they are always on flight plans too (even the military). There's a whole world of navigation that you can tap with the power of the PMDG products. Good Luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

The usual primary use of the fix page is to graphically lay out complex SID or STAR procedures involving VOR intercepts, conditional DME based waypoint stuff etc on the ND.Say you're doing the BXK2 at KPHX:http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/P...BUCKEYE+TWO/pdfYou'd enter PXR as your first FIX and tell it to draw a 13DME circle around it. After takeoff you'll fly hdg 240 until you intersect that circle, then turn to HDG 280. The second FIX will be BXK and you'll tell it to draw the 077 radial. This gives you a graphical representation of what you're going to be intercepting after flying HDG 280.All of this is set up in preflight along with the route...The uses you found for the FIX page are not "wrong" per se, but they're a bit unorthodox. On a long overwater flight for instance (like LAX-HNL), dispatch gives the pilots the position of the point of equal time between returning to LAX and continuing on to HNL and they can add it in as a custom LAT/LON waypoint or create a line marking it utilizing the RTE2 function.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In Varig Airlines' 777 fleet we also use the fix funtion to draw ETOPS related arcs to know exactly which part of the flight occurs within our ETOPS envelope (180 min I think) and when should we turn back on continue on towards the destinaiton in case of an engine failure. But I'm talking twin operations here though. I have seen the FIX function used in many different ways. Most times however I've seen it used the way Ryan describedBest Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Hi thereThought this might be an appropriate place to ask:Does anyone know if it is possible to enter ETA fixes (i.e. just a time by itself, that shows up along the route as a green vector circle with the time next to it, at the approriate point)? I am assuming not, as there is not a place to enter it on the PMDG fix page as there is on the real 744?Thanks for any ideasRudy

Guest capntom

You can do this, though what we usually use it for is setting a wakeup time for a relief crewmember....It shows up as a small green circle astride the course line with a time next to it.Tom

Yes, I thought that was one of its uses, I remember seeing it written and illustrated somewhere. Do you mean you can do it on the PMDG 744 or the real one?CheersRudy