Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

menubar not accesable in fullscreen using XP

Hi,i recognized a similar thread but haven't seen any solution yet. Here is the problem.Switching to fullscreen mode makes the FS2K2 menubar not accessable, exept i use FSNavigator and keep the FSN window alive. If i hide the window by F9, FS2K2 i cannot access either the menubar and popup menus.Here is my setup:Athlon XP2200512 MB DDRGF4 MXWinXP (default DirectX which comes with XP, looks like 8.0a)no detonator driversFS2K2Any idea ??

Guest gasebah

Guess your registry entries are messed up. Disable FSAA and check if the the menues are available then. Then come back here. Are u using NVMax?Rgds,Alex

I have also run into this problem. As a work around, I switch to window mode to access menus, then switch back to full screen mode. After a while, the problem goes away by itself, and menus are aceessible again in full screen mode. I've noticed that the problem may be related to how the set up windows (eg creat a flight) are displayed: 800x600 on a higher res windows background, or 1024 etc.)

Guest gasebah

Anti Aliasing. Disable it in the FS2002 display options, and your driver settings (Display properties).Alex

If I'am following what you're saying, using the Alt key should bring up the menus while in full screen mode. If I'm thinking of something else just forget I mention this @-@ Pete

Ok, got it. Disabled FSAA in FS2K2 but manually switched to 4xS mode in the adapter settings.Quality is excellent - (better than before) and menus are accessable.Thanks for the pointer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest gasebah

That is exactly my setting. AA 4s and AF Level 2. Great framerates and great graphics quality. By the way you are welcome.Cheers,Alex