Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bo Boschung

Uninstalling the 747-400

Guest Bo Boschung

I made the unthinkable error of deleting the PMDG files before using Windows Add/Remove Programs. Now I'm unable to remove the Queen of the Skies through Add/Remove, therefore can't reinstall it. Any ideas on how to remove it? Thanks, Bo

>I made the unthinkable error of deleting the PMDG files>before using Windows Add/Remove Programs. Now I'm unable to>remove the Queen of the Skies through Add/Remove, therefore>can't reinstall it. Any ideas on how to remove it? Thanks, BoHi Bo,Do you still have the 747-400 installation that you downloaded from PMDG? If so, re-install it. You may get two or three propmps asking what you want to do. You can try the uninstall first but it may not be successful. If that don't work, you'll have to re-install it. If you don't have the 747-400 installation, you'll need to contact PMDG and let them know what happened. Re-installing the program should get you up since you're not able to un-install it. After you have reinstalled it and if for some reason you need to un-install, you should be able to.Ken.

Guest Bo Boschung

Ken, when i try to install the original program file, it says that the update is already installed and that it can't install the original file, and that i'll have to uninstall the original first. When i try to use Add/Remove it fails. I've reinstalled the update, but still don't see the PMDG747 in the list of aircraft to choose from in fs9. It's a catch 22 situation. I've cleaned the registry and reinstalled msfs9, but get the same run around each time. The PMDG instructions say not to delete the PMDG files from Wndows Explorer first, but hey, I didn't remember that months ago when i did the first install.. how was i supposed to remember that, hehe. Bo

Guest SAS449

Remains to edit the registry manually, removing any references to the previous installation, provided you know what you are doing.

Bo,Probably best to email support - they'll be able to walk you through getting it working again...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Bo Boschung

Thanks guys, I'll give support a call. I've tried deleting from the registery but no help. I'll let you know what support says in case anyone else has this problem. Thanks again, Bo

>Thanks guys, I'll give support a call. I've tried deleting>from the registery but no help. I'll let you know what support>says in case anyone else has this problem. Thanks again, BoHi Bo,I think Robert posted this issue a few months ago. When you try to reinstall it, it should dectect that you already have the 747-400 installed and offer you three choices: Modify, Repair, and Remove. Select the Repair and after that has finished, then try to uninstall it. You may have already tried this. Just make sure you do not remove any shared files. If that doesn't work, contact Support like Ryan said. Ken.

Guest Bo Boschung

OK, this is what worked for me. I simply deleted the fs9.cfg file, then restarted fs9. This fs9.cfg file was located in my Documents and Settings folder/my user name/applications/microsoft/fs9. FS9 creates a new fs9.cfg file when you restart the game. Thanks for all your replies, if this doesn't work for you, contact me and I'll be glad to help you if I can. Bo