Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

No freq under ILS/MLS in NAVRAD

Guest allblack

Okay, I've been determined not to post here for some time yet, but this has me stumped.For my last couple of flights (into big cities such has Tokyo) I've selected the runway frequency in Dep/Arr, and gone to NAVRAD to double-click on it so it shows on the ..... can't remember the name, but you'll know what I mean!Just lately, under ILS/MLS I get "PARK", and no frequency. I've gone to the airport in MAP, got the frequency but not sure how to get it added in NAVRAD.Any help would be much appreciated.It's a recent problem, I haven't (intentionally) changed any settings, and all the relevant d/loads have been done and installed.CheersTimNZWN

Tim,Unless you manually enter the frequency into the ILS receiver you will not see it until some distance (can't remember now... half way or min 200 nm???) before arrival.Hope it helps,

Yup, the ILS-MLS line will only display PARK until 200nm from either the T/D or destination airport (can't remember which :) ). In the mean time, if you want to enter it manually, use the format: FFF.F/CRS, for example, here in Wellington the ILS for Rwy 16 would be entered as 110.3/161I'm about to go take the Queen for a fly anyway so I'll see if I can't come up with some more info for you as well.

You really should never have to manually tune the ILS except under certain special circumstances - the FMC automates it and you'll see it come up on the PFD at the proper time during your approach...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest allblack

Thanks guys, I was about 56nm away from Haneda.Still, some good comments, especially the format to manually enter it.CheersTimGo the 'Canes!

Guest allblack

Guess not!CheersTim