Sign in to follow this  
Guest JY415

Autopilot failure!?!?

Guest JY415

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I suddenly can't see to be able to get the autopilot to come on???I had to do a reinstall of FS9.1 and after reinstalling my 737 I tried a quick flight. It worked fine before but now everytime I hit the autopilot button I get the noise you get when you hit the disengage button and the FMC alert far left A/P light comes on in red.I am sure this is something really silly but cannot figure what I am doing wrong.Please help someone this is driving me nuts!CheersGraham

Guest JY415

Still here waiting for some help. Has no one got any idea on my problem?Tried reinstalling my 737 (got that desprerate) but still autopilot won't stay on. As soon as you click the autopilot button, you hear that horn sound you hear when disengaging autopilot and it switches off after 1 second.I have flown to various height thinking it could be a height limitation setting but even above 2000ft autopilot won't engage.Never had this problem when I first bought it so what is wrong?Is there a setting somewhere causing this?Thanks for any advice!Graham

Graham,>Still here waiting for some helpYou could've used the time using the emminent forum search function. Can be found at the top. ;-)>Is there a setting somewhere causing this?Yeah. If you are following the proper checklists and flows during pre-flight you shouldn't see this problem. ;-)You need to make sure your engine driven generators are online. Without them the A/T will fail to arm.Hope it helps,

Guest JY415

Hi MatsI did reply to you here but it doesn't seem to have showed up, so if you see two replies forgive me!I did do a search but couldn't find my problem.Anyway have restarted with a fresh situation and all if ok now, so something must have been turned off when I saved the situation.Thanks so much for you help!A very happy pilot :-)CheersGraham