Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

747 Landings - What am I doing wrong?

Everything is set up fine. I'm at 30 flaps, speed is fine. Autoland 3 is okay. Autothrottle has remained on throughtout the flight, and is on now. Autopilot is on. Touchdown is uneventful and looks perfect. Reverse thrust (F2) seems to come up and the spoilers are working. Auto Brakes are working. But then, all heck breaks loose. I can't stop the bird and it powers up and can't be stopped. I don't seem to have any steering control. And alarms are going off. Nothing shows on the FMC or EICAS. My checklist shows to disarm the Autothrottle arm switch during taxi in. Disabling the autopilot (3) doesn't make sense if I'm in AutoLand and it makes such a racket during the critical phase of touchdown. What am I doing wrong, and where do I find it in the manual? Thanks!

Leffe,What do you mean "set your yoke to zero"? I'm using the CH yoke and I believe everything is set normally?????

Chuck,Check the physical position of your throttle. It needs to be at idle when the plane powers back and disconnects the A/T at touchdown. Also make sure Control Overide is UNCHECKED in the PMDG options... If you throttle is still up commanding power, then you'll get the engines coming up in the way you describe...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Leffe,>What do you mean "set your yoke to zero"? I'm using the CH>yoke and I believe everything is set normally?????You must have set your yoke at no power at all, i.e. 0. If you have it on max before landing it will turn up that speed when the A/T is off. /Leffe