Sign in to follow this  
Guest vhm3

The PMDG MD11: First Look

The ability to retract the gear because you don't have a tire is a nice feature when your in a pinch due to parts availabilty. This does happen from time to time. Also if you blow a strut seal just retract the center gear and your good to go. The real fun is when you change #2 engine, now there is some high flying fun on the chain falls. Just changed a #2 engine on a MD-10 this past weekend. Lots of OT...Bryan

Guest SQ023

Good job to the crew at PMDG!!!Can I put in a vote for the 777 also? Realizing you're going to model Airbus (which will be very popular, hence marketable), it seems the T7 would be one of the most popular Boeing heavies!!!Regards!Robin Zinsmaster

I know from a MD11 with eng # 2 trouble (read cut off) and landed without the centre main gear down. This was, like some people already said, to reduce drag.

You guys are going to take me to bankrupcy. Okay, I'll have few months to save the money. Hopefuly it will be FS9 compatible as my system will not be FSX ready (yet).:)

Jay Marin

One please!The learning curve on the 747 wasn't so bad as many of us were familiar with the 737NG.Any suggestions how to start getting familiar with the MD-11 systems and FMC?Bob

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

>Any suggestions how to start getting familiar with the MD-11>systems and FMC?No suggestions I'm afraid. But you'll have manuals and tutorials on the day of release. Those will tell you everything you'd want to know about that bird. I know that's not what you want to hear. Then again, how much fun is an aircraft manual without an aircraft to use it with?Of course if you want to know anything specific about the MD-11 (the real one, not PMDG's - I'd get shot if I told you anything about the latter ;) ) you can ask on this forum any time.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest BodoM

Hi Markus,I remember that on the 737NG you could set the SPEED/HEADING and ALTITUDE on the MCP in 1 decrements by left mouse click and in 10 decrements by right mouse click like modeled on RFP and some PSS add-ons. I feel this is very conveniant for the user but for some reason this was not modeled on the 747-400....I ask the MD11-development team to have this feature modeled on the MD11 again. Thank you.___________________________Best RegardsCpt. Bodo M

Guest nightfox

if you are looking for beta testers i am willing to be a beta tester for you.CheersDan Cp.s looks great

Hey a lot of us would be willing! :-)PMDG has an existing body of beta testers, most of them experts on the aircraft themselves or experienced programmers / software testers.However PMDG did recently ask for any experienced MD-11 flight crew, either past or present. If you have any such experience I think the sticky post is still at the top of the forum with contact details.Welcome to the forum by the way! :-)Chrs

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>I remember that on the 737NG you could set the SPEED/HEADING>and ALTITUDE on the MCP in 1 decrements by left mouse click>and in 10 decrements by right mouse click like modeled on RFP>and some PSS add-ons. I feel this is very conveniant for the>user but for some reason this was not modeled on the>747-400....Two reasons: 1. Because we modeled the way the real thing accelerates as you roll the knob faster (use the mousewheel)2. We use left and right clicks to indicate turn the knob left and right.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest BodoM

Hi Ryan,>Two reasons: >>1. Because we modeled the way the real thing accelerates as>you roll the knob faster (use the mousewheel)>>2. We use left and right clicks to indicate turn the knob left>and right.Well, that's interesting but I searched the manuals and could not find any explainations about these operations. It is nice that PMDG explains the systems how they work in real life but you should at least give the users a chance to know the possibilities how to operate all the knobs with mouse etc. You do not sit in a cockpit but in front of a monitor so things are different. ___________________________Best RegardsCpt. Bodo M

Fantastic job PMDG, and i know after the success of the Queen and 73NG's this is going to be a awesome product.The screenshot is very nice, and i look forward to seeing the TG livery once it is released as we used to get them in Melbourne..sadly now replaced with A346 :-(

Guest cjdunk

Very nice!

Guest mfelicio

I want to see NEW PHOTOS.