Sign in to follow this  
Ericd

moving joystick

Hello,When I fly with the PMDG 747_400 and I use autopilot, after a few seconds the joystick start moving and the autopilot stops. When I hold the stick firmly so it can't move the autopilot stays on and works perfect.What should I do the avoid this problem, what switch do I overlook.Thanks.Eric

Don't know this for sure but seems logical. Try going to the PMDG pull down menu PMDG/OPTIONS/AFDS. There's 2 click boxes under "Controls Override" Mess with those and see if it helps. Owen

Thanks for the help. The 2 switches didn't make a difference.But again I tried everyting and I found that the problem is the force feedback. If I turn it off the autopilot works perfect.Much easier to fly if you van click around.Eric

Well I'll be... wouldn't have given that a thought. Glad you found your problem anyway.Owen

Guest crosswinds

Hi Eric,I have a Saitek Cyborg 3D Force Feedback joystick & faced a similar situation. I found a solution in trying to re-caliberate the settings- in the "Stick Properties" window I left all settings to 100%. The key was turning on the "Spring Effect" to "Always On" by selecting the box and keeping the setting for that selection to 100%.This one took care of the force feedback settings and stiffened the joystick for smoother auto-pilot handling. I feel all the forces as normal in a very controlled way to not let the stick swing wildly and throw the AP in frenzy.Hope this helps you.- Jay

Jay,Thanks,I give it a try and let you know.Eric