Sign in to follow this  
Guest Concordeguy

Flightplanning

An alternative to FSNavigator is FSBuild (version 2.2 is the latest). You can create a flight plan route in FSBuild (also calculate fuel requirements too). When you "build" the flight plan route, you have the option of automatically creating a FS9 version of the flight plan along with PMDG/LDS and other add-on formats. You can use the routefinder web site to get the actual route you want and then copy/paste that route right into FSBuild. You can then select your aircraft so it can calculate fuel requirements.I use this all the time to generate routes in FS9 and PMDG/PSS/LDS formats along with Squawk Box format for filing on-line with VATSIM. The FS9 format makes FS9 ATC follow the same route as you have loaded in the FMC so it works great.I happen to perfer FSBuild to FSNav but I think both are good productsJerry LauderbaughBAW1059

Guest Concordeguy

But I dont have any money. I am fourteen.

Guest Concordeguy

>>The site where i was refering to before for FS9 FP is in>.pln>>format. So there you do export to Fs9 and you have your .pln>>file. Then you can also import your created FP in FS9>>>>> I did that and instead of going the following route:>TVC SSM SSM9 RANGR COGLA YTS YFM YKL YDP PRAWN OZN EMBLA KEF>METIL SKARD MIKLA ING ROSTI LINDA MY AB SIDER FORTY ADN NEW>GASKO AKBAT POL BARTN LOVEL HON> > Instead of taking me that route, it took me on a high>altitude airway to the Beiring Straight (between Alaska and>The Motherland) then to England.>> Could you tell me how to fix this problem. Could you all still help me?Christian

Guest Concordeguy

Still need help..........

Guest Concordeguy

still need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!plz?

Guest Andalouse

I don't get what you mean....If you do in the beginning of your Flight load FP and then import that file there can be no problem? What are you missing?

Christian,Maybe for now you could just use the PMDG FMC and not use FS9 ATC so that you can complete your flight. A good start would be to create a route using routefinders free access area, then loading that route into the FMC using the FMC instruction manual.Later you can find what is best for you to convert your PMDG flight plans to FS9.As you know (or maybe not), the flight plans that PMDG uses and the flight plans that FS9's ATC uses are completely separate. Which means that FS9's ATC knows nothing about the flight plan loaded in the FMC. It's up to you to convert one format to the other to synchronize them. Several options have been pointed out to you above.Another option:Generate a flight plan using FS9's flightplanner, print out the route and then load that route manually into the FMC. This isn't the best way, but it will put ATC and your PMDG 747 on the same page.