Sign in to follow this  
anthonyrees

MD 11 with Wing Views?

Dear Team,I beg you please to include some wing views into the MD11, as you are still in a stage right now to make these changes and avoid later nags.Even if we have to manually chose between a virtual cockpit or wingviews in a menu to achive this visual realism (for frame rate's sake), it will be great, as I fly 2D 80% of the time.AnthonyCape TownSouth Africa

i dont think that adding the wing views is neccessary. Judging by what ive read, FSX's camera can be moved and attached to any part of the airplane thus eliminating the need to add wing views. For FS9 though DBS walk and follow is the way to go

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

You have to consider the sounds.With programms like WAF we can set up wingviews even for the 744 but we hear external sounds then. Moreover I (and I think not only I) like to look at the wing through a window which makes the whole thing a lot more realistic.And finally, the head laterancy and ground turbulence head shaking effects (to my mind another realism boosters) which you have in Active camera are only available for the VC.So plz PMDG, I would really appreciate if you make the wings visible from the VC.

I don't really care if the sounds are external, just as long as I can see the field shooting bye on landing, with all the bells and whisles of reverse thrust, spoilers, flaps etc.

Although I tend to think that there's really no need for wing views ever since a freeware tool named "recorder" came out, I do believe PMDG should (and probably will) consider an option to choose whether you would like VC, WV or both.And yes, maybe FSX will solve our problems. (And maybe induce some more:))It would be so nice to know some more about FSX...I would, for one, go for a fully customizable environment. You know, where there is no preset way of how things work... Giving full steam ahead for developers such as PMDG to brighten up our lives with products that are really as real as it gets. Maaan....Went a little O/T, sry.Cheers,

Gentlemen-As with the PMDG 747-400, wing views will only be included if we feel that they can be included without additionally sapping resources.Some of you may recall that our experience producing wing views on the 400 was a SIGNIFICANT reduction in overall FPS as a result of the rather incredible amount of animation required for the 400 wing. (I don't recall exact numbers- but on my MONSTER machine it was high enough that I found the rest of the sim marginally usable...imagine that on a normal machine?)I recognize that there will be some non-developers who will jump in to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about- but... I do. :-)If wing views can be included without damaging the rest of the airplane's functionality we'll include them. If they have a negative impact on overall performance- then we will not. After all- we are simulating the cockpit here.....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Jeff Berman

And thats where I spend my time :)

After all- we are simulating the cockpit here.....Absolutely.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest thscholz

>>After all- we are simulating the cockpit here.....>Well, that's correct Robert.Don't get me wrong, I do not want to heat up this thread, but do the wing views really use more resources than the virtual cabin?Maybe there should be a poll: Who wants a virtual cabin and who wants wing views.To be honest, the virtual cabin is nice, but after buying the aircraft I walk through the cabin two or three times and that's it.But I use the wing views on the 737 almost on every flight when I watch my landing or takeoff in the replay.CheersThomas

Guest keiron

Maybe there could be an option in the PMDG module to turn wing views(if you decide to include them) on or off depending if you have a High end system??

I didn't buy the 744 just because of the lack of wing view. Why bother all the details of the wing if you can't see it...?! Maybe you could skip the books falling over with some turbulence and give the wing view instead ;-) (or the possiblity to choose).John

Guest andyman

Ah but there is a way around the spot view audio when using WAF. Find your wingview then press the [ key to open a new window. Right-click the new window and set it to cockpit view. Right click around the panel area (in the new window)to close the panel and reduce the framerate hit. Resize the little window and drag it to a corner of the screen. Make sure it is active to that you hear cockpit audio.

Guest howard500

Just my opinion, but in what relates to "visual goodies" my perfect aircraft is the LDS767: exceptional 2D and 3D cockpits - but -no turning sodas or shifting books, no window shades, no headrest, armrest or seat moving, no wingviews and no virtual cabin - result: exceptional frame rates and an unprecedented and unmatched fluidity while flying... and thats what its all about for me! And I say this having a good system that runs very, very smooth the 747:Inspiron 9400 Duo Processor T2400 (1.83 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB), 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 100GB (5,400 rpm) SATA Hard Drive, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce7800 Go graphics card, PCI-Express x16. Please, please, please: my upmost respect for PMDG developers for their efforts and for pilots that use these featrues regularly. My ideal solution is ofcourse, having the choice!Happy flying,Alonso