Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rwilson

744 climb

Matt,If you are entering stuff in pounds and FS and the PMDG FMS thinks it's kilograms, things can get pretty ugly. ;-)Actually a similar mistake led to the infamous Gimli glider incident:"After a brief hop Flight 143 landed in Ottawa. To be completely safe, Pearson insisted on having the 767 re-dripped. The refuelers reporting the plane as having 11,430 liters of fuel contained in the two wing tanks. Pearson and Quintal, again using the same incorrect factor used in Montreal, calculated they had 20,400 kilos of fuel on board. In fact, they left for Ottawa with only 9144 kilos, roughly half what would be needed to reach Edmonton."More reading here:http://www.casa.gov.au/fsa/2003/jul/22-27.pdfCheers,

Guest 747-NUT

That is some serious flying.... :(Yes, I can see how easy it is to get wrong.Cheers.Matt

Guest Rwilson

thanks you guys! :)Anyhow, why is it as i get higher, my pitch decreases and it takes longer to reach my CRZ alt?robbie

robbie,As you get higher up the air is getting thinner and that means lift decreases for one. This is a real world phenomenon.Hope it helps,

Guest Rwilson

cheers, mate, and the rest.robbie