Sign in to follow this  
Guest s_L_Y_F_a

When to perform T/O checklist?

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

Ground always tells me to taxi to runway and hold short.But since I am using RC4 and do not have excessive traffic on my airports, tower tells me to line up and wait even before I reach hold short position. As soon as I am lined up, I get the TO clearence. Between all this theres not much time for a checklist, so when do I exactly perform the Takeoff checklist for the 744?Now lets assume I have traffic set to 100% and a large airplane queue in front of me waiting to line up on the runway and take off. When would I perform the TO checklist in such a situation?Thx in advance

Guest fullflapsplease

You would actually tell the tower that you weren't fully ready for a couple of minutes and they would hold you at the holding point however, MSFS ATC doesn't have this capability.I hear this situation over the scanner quite often.Mark.747400.jpg

Guest 102301636

Normally you perform the TO checklist to the line as you are taxiing out to the active, then you would perform the below the line part as you are lining up for TO, this should not take long, normally it involves little more than engaging the landing lights, strobes, disengaging the taxi lights, setting the chronometer once you apply 40% N1 and a general check to make sure there are no 'hickups' with the aircrafts current setup

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

What do you mean by "to the line" and "below the line"?

Guest 102301636

The takeoff checklist is normally split into 2 parts....this split is indicated by a line on the checklist which splits the checklist basicallyThe PF will call for the checklist to the line and then when the time is right he will call for the checklist below the line....If you can get your hands on a real checklist or one of the PMDG ones I am sure you will quickly see what I mean by thisHope this helps

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

Well thxHowever, the PMDG TO checklist is not split in two parts by any line so I was a bit confused. But I know what you mean.