Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

PMDG Capts: introduce yourselves!

I do believe I'm the youngest to post so far at 18 years old. I actually graduate from high school in about 17 hours. Everyone is still here at school working on the programs for the ceremony. I'm just here as moral support since I don't know how to work the equipment. It's about 1:00am by the way.I live in Makakilo, Hawaii. I'm a few miles from Kalaeloa (PHJR) and I have a good view of PHNL from my house in the mountains. Next year I plan to attend Leeward Community College for general studies and later transfer to the University of Hawaii to major in Music. I've played the French Horn for the past 6 1/2 years now.Ever since I found it, I've flown the 747 in British Airways colors just about non stop. My longest flight was 13.8 hours (EGYP-PHNL) and I never use time compression. (Thank god for autopilot.) I also can't wait for the A320 and the upgrade of the 737 fleet. Personally I think the current fleet could use a lot of improvement considering the capabilities of the 744.Presently I don't have any plans to persue a PPL as my vision isn't very good at all. It's actually only a result from weak eye muscles which is non-sergically reversable. Perhaps later in life.Ryan Gamurothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

I am a 26 year old male, and enjoy my citizenship in the Netherlands (south part). However, currently, I am based in Charlottetown, Canada (PEI) to get my PhD degree in biomedical science.In Charlottetown airport (CYYG), planes take off and land in opposite direction. I don't think that's common. I did some joy riding in Cessna 172 and planning to get my PPL much later. I have done a ride on a boeing 737-800 simulator, which was very interesting. I got passionate about aviation after my first flight (Continental DC-10) from Amsterdam to Denver. Although I was scared to death that time, it sucked me into the realm of flightsimming. Now, I couldn't do without and I don't fear flying anymore, which is undoubtedly due to FS.Dirk Luchtman

Guest john_sibo

Hi all, My name is my John, I'm under 20 :) I'm studying to get great marks, but my head never goes to study, it always up up in the air :DI've had chances to sit in the A320 cockpit and fly it :) But the time is no longer than 1 hour, but I was very very happy, never forget that moment :) I'm currently go visiting with my family in Asia, and then maybe some countries in Europe,I hope I can have more chances to sit in the cockpit of the plane we fly in the future.>Anyone else from New York city?I lived there for 2 years, hearing the noise of the planes take off/landing in New Jersey everyday :)>I do believe I'm the youngest to post so far at 18 years oldI'm studying, so you could guess my age :)

andras,thanks for the recommendation. i will check it out. also, i knew someone in Manila named Reka Kiss, you related? She was/is Hungarian.Tom

Guest navneet_cxp

Hello everybody,I'm Navneet and i'm 21 years oldI am a First Officer on A320 in India.We'll you all know that its an awesome aircraft to fly.I just got a few hours on type as of now.Well i see it this way " i'm the commander of the aircraft when the captain isn't around !!"Great products PMDG !! especially the 747.-Navneet(F/O Airbus 320)FS 2004 Version 9.1AMD Athlon 64 3000+ASUS 7800GTX 256MB PCIExpressMSI nVidia nForce4 Neo 3 Motherboard1GB DDR400(PC3200) Kingston RAMWestern Digital 30 GB (7200 rpm)Seagate Barracuda 120 GB (7200 rpm)Sony DVDRW - 16XHP CD12 CDRW - 12XSamsung SyncMaster 740N LCD 17'PanelCreative Sound Blaster Audigy 4Creative Inspire 5.1 5200Windows XP Pro SP2 v.2180Logitech Extreme 3D PROLogitech Cordless Optical Mousehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg-|http://www.precisionmanuals.com|-

Hi,My name is Lee James and I am about to retire early from 26 years in the Airport Security business! I reach 50 years old on 4th July this year and the owner and operator of London's Heathrow Airport (BAA) for whom I have worked all these years, is paying me a ridiculous amount of money to leave early, as well as apension when I go!Best part of it is I get to see my kids grow up and I also enjoy the wild Sussex countryside where I live with my wife, Carolyn who is an Aircraft Dispatcher for British Airways at London Gatwick, the other London airport.I have been flying Flight Simulator since 1986 (the Commodore Amiga home computer, with FS II) and have been flight testing Boeing 747 flight models for FS for about 7 of the 20 years I have been flying FS. The PMDG is by far the best incarnation of this aircraft so far.I live isn West Sussex with my wife and two children and I also travel a lot. We are off to Las Vegas in August for three weeks where we have rented a house, north of town and my kids will see their godmother who lives there.When I'm not working at Heathrow, I am the 747 Training Captain at British Airways Virtual (BAV) and have been there for 5 years.Really enjoy the forum and am indented to Captain Randazzo for allowing BAV to host his Type Rating Course work, as well as the brilliant conception that led to the development and release of this wonderful aircraft.Nice to meet you all!cheers,

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Guest iflyc77

Hi, Trace Lewis, age = 15, student glider pilot with 250hrs in gliders and 180 in power (working on instrument rating) and ohh boy, maybe 6,800 sim hours, lol. Living in Rockford, IL (right under JVL4 STAR into ORD, enjoy watching the 74Fs droping in at 8,000 from ANC) Just got out of my freshman year in high school, and since I bought the Queen about 2 months after she was relesed, I have purchased every PMDG product ASAP since, and cant wait for the A320 and MD11 :]These forums rock, having a few REAL queen drivers really has helped me understand the airlines, and I KNOW that the PMDG products have taught me a LOT and given me a huge head start in a hopefull airline career. Thanks a lot PMDG, you guys rock :]

Hi, great post, nice to read some interesting info on fellow PMDG pilots. The variety of people on here truely amazes me :) as well as being able to chat about common interests with others either from around the corner to others on the opposite side of the world.My name is Alaister, I'm 26 and currently studying for my JAR-FCL ATPL in Florida although I am originally from Hove, UK. Unfortunately due to money constraints I haven't been able to fly for a few months :( So far I have taken, and passed the first 7 exams, and I am a few weeks into the lsat module.I have alway had an interest aircraft, and got into flight simming with FS5.1. I discovered PMDG with their Fly series products, and was impressed by the level of detail back then! Things just keep moving forward :)

Alaister Kay

Guest Darren Howie

G'day AllNice thread.I am an A320 F/O with Jetstar and shortly off to our new 330 operation.Been flying the 320 for a year and a half.Prior to that a Dash driver with Qantaslink and prior to that Royal Flying Doctor Service and even prior to that corporate jet driver.Been flying FS for a long time and find it a great aid particularly for sim preparation.Participated in a few beta tests for various products for FS.Congrats to PMDG for some excellent products and i look forward to both the MD11 and more importantly the A320 so we can finally see Airbus in action in a realistic manner.CheersDarren

Guest mcalluaud

My name Michel Calluaud , a frenchman living in Sydney Australia since 1950 . I am 85 and a retired electronic engineer . When I retired 10 years ago I was research manager for a medical equipment firm . My interest in flight go back to the last war when I trained as a bombardier/navigator with the Free French Air Force in North Africa . In the 50/60s , in Australia , I installed and commissioned the first DME equipment . Later I did lot of experimental test flight of an earlier version of the ILS . I am using MSFS since version 5 . I am flying the PMDG 737 and 747 . I have very few post on this forum but I follow the forum every day . CheersMichel

Hello all,My name is Tim and I am 38 years old. I live in Mesa Arizona. I'm not a real world pilot but I'm looking into it. Sooner rather than later hopefully :)I have owned my own Design Agency for the last 10 years, and run a recording studio on the side. I was the Art Director and lead Designer for an airline name Western Pacific Airlines that started in 1994, run by Ed Beauvais (America West Airlines). You might remember this:http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0118...QRFP&photo_nr=7Well, since then my career has 'taken off' to say the least. I have been busy 16 hours a day since :( I have a 13 year old daughter. The most precious girl :)Thanks for listening :DTim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com