Sign in to follow this  
Guest ivo

2 Quick Questions...

Guest ivo

Hello everybody. I have two quick questions about the PMDG 747 and 737.1) I know that 32-bit textures take up Frame Rates. It usually says that using 32-bit textures 'may' decrease performance on some machines. Does the 'may' mean that it totally depends on the PC, and it might run fine on some PCs, or does it mean that it WILL take up more resources, but on some machines you might not notice a difference because your machine can handle it? Also, do 32-bit textures decrease Frame Rates in the 2D Panel? Also, the manual says that if the VC is present, you will experience a drop in performance even if you are in the 2D panel but I generally don't notice a difference. 2) Is there a way to set a keyboard command for the LOWER EICAS. I don't want to keep pressing Alt and the going to Views to acces the LOWER EICAS. I tried setting a keyboard command but I couldn't find one for the LOWER EICAS.All advice is appreciated :)Best Regards,Ivo

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

2.) Go into the PMDG menu. There you will find a key commands section where you can assign any key to nearly every PMDG 744 related function. But be sure the keys you assign in the PMDG menu are NOT assign to any other command in the FS commands menu.

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

lol you have a FAQ page at wikipedia.org? This would be the last place where I would expect PMDG FAQ

Guest ivo

>2.) Go into the PMDG menu. There you will find a key commands>section where you can assign any key to nearly every PMDG 744>related function. But be sure the keys you assign in the PMDG>menu are NOT assign to any other command in the FS commands>menu.I use the panel switcher on the top of the screen for the 747, but there is LOWER EICAS panel switcher in the 737. Thats the plane I was asking for. Sorry I didn't make my self clear. As for the 32-bit textures, I will try some today. I think I tried some before but there was no difference. Only when I switched the views it took more time to load. Also, on my machine, the VC doesn't take up frame rates while in 2D panel. However, it takes more time to load when switching views. ;)