Sign in to follow this  
Guest FooFighter

Need help with FSbuild2 and PMDG 747-400 FMC

Guest FooFighter

Hello CaptainsI just recently got FSbuild2 to help me do flightplans for flights with the PMDG 747-400.However, I managed to export it as the 737 PMDG flightplan as per the manual.What I don't get is why can't I select SID and STARS of my own choosing from the FMC I click on the LSK keys but there sin't a list of SID's or STARS as I would have thought.Anyone here with FSbuild that could tel me what I am doing wrong. What route planning setting should I have ticked or not ticked ect.Any help appreciated.Thanks,Gian

When you use SIDS and STARS in FSBuild it will put the fixes in your FMC automatically when you load the company route. It doesn't see it as a SID or STAR but just a bunch of Fixes. Not being able to see the SIDS and STARS in the FMC isn't an FSBuild problem.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest D17S

For general flight planning, I'll sometimes use FSBuild to lay out a general point to point flight plan. FSBuild has the export module that allows an export to the PMDG flight plan data base. I'll load up the FSBuild flight plan into the FMC, then go to the FMC's ARR/DEP page and select my SID/trans and trans/STAR. I do it this way because I'm completely spoiled these days. Dan Downs has done such a great job revising the PlanePath SID/STAR packages that I almost always fly into airports that he has worked on. I'm going for reality; I want to be learning about actual, real world procedures. Otherwise, (so I'm thinking) what's the point?To update your PMDG data base. first go to PlanePath and install the SID/STAR update for PMDG. Then go to Navdata.at and install their version of the SID/STAR package. Dan's revisions are in there. Let the Navdata overwrite any of the generic PlanePath SID/STAR packages. While you are there get AIRAC update too. Now go to Flightaware.com and download the procedures packages for your departure and arrival airports. Study up. Then checkout Flightaware

Guest FooFighter

Thanks for the tips.I will certainly go ahead and experiment some more.Thanks again,Gian