Sign in to follow this  
ymh1300

Problem with 737NG FMC

For some reason I am not able to program departures or arrivals into Heathrow. When I enter EGLL at Pos Init it works fine, but I do not get any runway, sids or trans information.Yesterday I enter a manual flightplan into the FMC from Charles de Gaulle to Heathrow. No problems with departing runway info at CDG. but I flew using the FMC until BIG, from there it was manual.I went to the DEP/ARR page and press the button to the right of EGLL destination airport I get no runway or sid information.Has anybody experienced this problem before?

Nameless,have you updated your SID & STAR files with the latest ones from www.navdata.at?BTW don't forget to sign your postings as per forum rules.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Do not, repeat do not update your SIDs/STARs from the ones at www.navdata.at. They are just user create procedures that are likely not to be up to date. After you download and install the AIRAC from www.navdata.at you should then download and install the corresponding procedures from www.planepath.com. They are derived from the same DAFIF data the the AIRAC is. They will almost always be more current than the ones from navdata.at.

Dave Paige

Hi Dave,I'm not sure you want to say do not use the SID/STAR files from navdata.at as some of the files for airfields throughout the world are made by users to supplement those available from Terry's site where there was no DAFIF data available. In this case. the logical method to use the procedures is to install the files from navdata,at, then update those files with the procedures from planepath.com.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Dave,The DAFIF dataset is very limited for users who wants to use terminal procedures outside of the US. The user provided procedures at NavData and others fills that gap somewhat and are highly recommended. Many of the procedures at NavData are updated regularly.There are however some procedures at NavData that are obsolete. KATL comes to mind as one.So please don't tell people not to use the user made procedures. They are a very nice complement to the DAFIF data.Cheers,