Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevesj

updating navdata

Guest stevesj

HiSorry guys, I have tried a search and I can't find what I need, which is a reminder of how to install all the navdata updates. I have the new airac from navdata.at and the all in one sid/star package also from navdata.at. But I thought that there was a third file. It's been so long I can't remember.MTIASteve

Terry Yingling also provides a sid/star package at planepath.com; maybe this is what you're trying to remember. However, there's only two places where you need navdata: the airac data (fixes, routes, nav & apt) and the sidstars.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest stevesj

Dan / RyanGot it now and bookmarked, many thanksSteve

Guest D17S

Dan Downs has done such a great job revising the PlanePath SID/STAR packages that I almost always fly into airports that he has worked on. I'm going for reality; I want to be learning about actual, real world procedures. Otherwise, (so I'm thinking) what's the point?To update your PMDG data base. first go to PlanePath and install the SID/STAR update for PMDG. Then go to Navdata.at and install their version of the SID/STAR package. Dan's revisions are in there. Let the Navdata overwrite any of the generic PlanePath SID/STAR packages. While you are there get AIRAC update too.

Guest stang

Hi SteveGo to the Terminal Procedures forum here at avsim and read the pinned topic "How to update PMDG procedures". It will probably get you back on the road to the best possible updates.RegardsTerry