Sign in to follow this  
Guest hutchss

FMC Error Message

Guest hutchss

Hi all,I'm a new user of the 747-400.I am constantly receiving the following FMC error message :-"Error at Keep, line 89"Any ideas?Thanks for any help,Steve Hutchison

Steve-Can you give us an idea what you are doing at the time you get this error?If you are loading a flight plan, or a custom SID/STAR, i'm betting the fligthplan/SID/STAR is bogus or formatted incorrectly for the PMDG 747-400....But since you didn't tell us what you were doing- I'm just guessing. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest hutchss

Robert, Thanks for the quick reply.You've probably hit the nail on the head. As I said I'm new to the PMDG 747.I've been getting a constant "discontinuity" with the SIDs and STARs for EGLL, using the latest AIRAC and SID/STAR pack from the navdata site.So I decided to manually edit the EGLL SIDs using Terry Yingling's "how to" from planepath, but probably didn't take long enough to read and understand it.Since then I was loading up from a saved flight, and the "Error at Keep, line 89" error appears every time, as soon as IRS position is set on the FMC from the GPS position, while the IRS's are aligning. (And before entering any route, rwy or dep. procedure information)So I tried loading from scratch (Aircraft>Select Aircraft>etc) cold and dark (again no route, rwy or dep proc loaded) and the error still appears. I'm puzzled that the error is appearing before I ask the FMC to look at any SID file. (unless by default it is looking at the files used last time the sim was used, or the files available for the airport where I'm presently located)Is there a way to get rid of the error, or have I screwed the installation?Thanks for your help,Steve Hutchison

Steve-I'd try deleting the SID/STAR file, and replacing it with one that you haven't edited.Discontinuities are normal when you load approaches, did you know that? (Or am I not understanding what you mean?)If you want a quick primer on how to program routes and load SID/STARs etc- head over to our site and in the DOCUMENTS section of the download page- pull the Type Rating Courses 1-4....It's a lot of reading- but they will help you get up to speed with the minimum of hassles!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest hutchss

Robert,Thanks again for the quick reply.I understand the point about discontinuities when programming an approach while en-route, and (I think!) how to deal with those.The problem I was having was with SIDs (and only at EGLL, I was OK at other airports).I've reviewed your type rating courses 1-3 already, and found them extremely helpful. I haven't had time to look at 4 yet.On second thoughts the error may have occurred when I entered the REF AIRPORT as EGLL on the POS INIT (1/3) page of the FMC. I guess this might trigger the FMC to read the appropriate SID/STAR files.I'll replace the EGLL SID/STAR page with the original, and hope that makes the error message go away, and then look for another way to fix the SID discontinuities atEGLL. I do appreciate that these are "third party" and not your problem.Thanks for all your help,Steve Hutchison

Just updated the EGLL file, Its available at Navdata.atSimon Butler