Sign in to follow this  
Guest s_L_Y_F_a

Weather charts

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

Somebody knows where I can get wx charts like those shown in the advanced tutorial? I tried the link below but it didnt work.I would appreciate if somebody shares his knowledge.

In addition to Matts' suggestion (which I had never seen) give this a try: http://aviationweather.gov/iffdp/You have Sigmets and Wind/Temp (and even active volcano info .. Merapi volcano on Java is active for instance) for the WHOLE world. Very neat actually ... since AS6 does such REAL weather ... to know when you are flying into bad weather ... CB's and the like.If you have time and the energy to do it, and charts, you can look at the winds for various routes to see which of possible routings might be the most advantageous .. good tail wind or avoidance of bad headwind.The site reference above has lots of other good stuff ... try out the links.So much great stuff ... so little time!!!! sadly.Best Regards,Paul BenoitKSAN

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

ey thx very useful links.Using AS6 those charts make flight preparetions even more realistic.