Sign in to follow this  
jazer

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 4 Available!

Guest kame

Immediately, I have done Lesson_4_Part 1 and it's perfect. Really, PMDG 747 is a beautiful sim plane!The detailed instructions are much valuable as a reference.I have been relieved with no problem on this initial climb diffrent from my experience on that of the Lesson 3.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest bisinchi

Excellent news,Thnaks for the continuous support!!Fran

Just completed the VNAV stress test! i thought about renaming KLAX to RELAX it was that smooth and simplistic..from an armchair pilot of course im sure the FMC was doing its merry dance while i sipped on my tea! A great example of the achievements of the PMDG Team! Thanks to Robert and Ryan :)

Guest diskus

Thanks Robert!!!In Part 1 the instructions state to program a waypoint 5 miles out, which gives me an UNABLE NEXT ALT message, however the image in the lesson seems to indicate it is a 7 mile waypoint which works fineThanksMike

Guys, please, what can be wrong here:TRCL4 page 4-13: On my ACT RTE 1 LEGS page I get different numbers from the Lesson: ACT RTE 1 LEGS KBFI01 - 5.8 NM 250/ 3000KBFI02 - 10.0 NM 250/ 3000NORMY - 18 NM 322/ 17076 SKIP TO EPHEPH - 40 NM 240/4531Any ideas? AIRAC-0605 here if matters.Thanks.

To the Team:As I read through these Courses, I can tell how proud you are of your achievements. Rightly so! You have done a "truly" fantastic job. I mention this here because, in my "need" to have things work the way I want, I did not realize that this is NOT just a product to you... this is your passion, your delight, your joy!So, do not be put off by the complaints/suggestions that arise on occasion. In the pursuit of "my passion", I simply forget what "your passion" is and what your products mean to you.Be patient with me. In all cases I simply want what you want... the best possible simming experience that can be had!In case you don't know what I am talking about I will give you a hint, (performance issue with overhead panel on second monitor). You have made your point clear on this and in light of my new found appreciation of "your passion" I will not mention it again.Continued success!Murray Wheten

Any idea how to get 166/3245 or 166/3000 entry in the 1R LSK described on p4-13? The key is 166 (not the altitude), all I see is always 250, no matter if I get there following Leson4_Part_1 or just download vanilla Lesson_4_Part_2 situation and pull up LEGS page? 166 and 250 look like a big and principal difference. Can any of the happy customers like me share their numbers on that page?Thanks,Dirk.PS. Maybe I need to reset the initial fuel/weight to the ones used by Captain, how?

Don't get me wrong, I can still get the same values by punching them in FMC, np. The problem is that I may be wrong doing that manually? My question "why" it is different from the captain's file is peripheral, but please correct me if I'm doning something wrong.

Guest diskus

I hope no one thinks I am trying to be critical, Im notRobert has a put alot of effort into this work. Im sure he would like to clear up any loose endsOKThe lesson never actually instructs us to load lesson 4 part 3 ( top of descent) LOL I re flew lesson part 2 good practice!!ThanksMike

Guys, where's SPD INTV button? I'm not able to find it, how embarrassing!Thanks,Dirk.

Guest diskus

Great lesson!Thanks for adding that KLAX approach, very nice!For a little added fun try listening to the LiveATC.net feed of KLAX approach, chances are good 25L is activehttp://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kont.m3uThanksMike

Simply the SPD button Dirk :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks David!

Murray-I'm the one who removed your comments simply because ops.precisionmanuals.com is not a discussion forum, it's an information resource.Your comments were "discussion/opinion" (which is forum material) and not "fact/solution" which is for ops....Sorry you are having performance problems- i hope you had a chance to read my reply and can take the time to spend some time looking through your system.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Captain, is there a chance in one of your next lessons (if any yet) you'll show examples of entering and flying holding patterns with FMC/AFS at the same detail level like procedures in TRCL4. Having completed TRCL1-4 I'm fondly thinking that there are only holding patterns left to master and then I'll become the King of the Queen. :)Thanks,Dirk.