Sign in to follow this  
jazer

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 4 Available!

I've just finished practicing lesson 4.I am so grateful to people that make me learn, laugh and enjoy in the same time!Thanks again Robert for the didactic, interesting and pleasant way you share your knowledge and passion with us.All the bestDavid in Jerusalem

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>Murray->>I'm the one who removed your comments simply because>ops.precisionmanuals.com is not a discussion forum, it's an>information resource.>>Your comments were "discussion/opinion" (which is forum>material) and not "fact/solution" which is for ops....>>Sorry you are having performance problems- i hope you had a>chance to read my reply and can take the time to spend some>time looking through your system.>>>Yes, I did thanks! But, I'm afraid my system is configured correctly and is more than powerful enough to run "everything else" correctly. I am not complaining!!! I simply know my system and I know myself and my level of expertise. Having said that, I am MORE than wiling to admit that there is probably "something" within my system that is not 100% compatible with the PMDG 747. Honestly (truly) I do not have ANY performance problems with any of my other addons. I do get frame rate drops (no doubt on that), but not to the point that I can't fly the plane with the overhead open on another monitor. I'm afraid you will just have to trust me on that... as you have asked me to trust that your system can handle it. And, I have NO reason to doubt you what so ever.Anyway... Thanks again for the GREAT addon and the even greater tutorials. In the end, the tutorials make ALL the difference to me. Did I say Thanks yet! Murray Wheten

When I load up any of the flights in this lesson, I cannot enagage Vnav as instructed, on the groung or in the air. If flashes on for a second but then goes off.I have not previously had any problems with the 747 in this regard.Thanks for any advice.Renzo

Bill Miller

Very strange, all my flights are ok, the last file from KPHX to KLAX Vnav is loaded On.

Guest pierre974

:-sun1 I've just performed the track lesson 4 part 4 from KPHX to KLAX...and, oh my god, I can't find words to describe the thrill of this flight, following the great course lesson of Captain Randazzo.I was far from using the capabilities of this great add-on and aircraft. Now, I understand how VNAV works, and how it can help you on an intricate approach with constraints altitude and speed.Congratulations PMDG for the best virtual aircraft in the world and thank you ever so much Captain Randazzo for sharing your knowledge on monitoring a jetliner :-beerchug Flying with you is first-class service guaranteed *:-*

Guest Dano

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!This is why i shop at PMDG! Just unbelievable stuff you guys put together!Keep it up boys :-)

Greetings.Any plans to add this to PMDG Ops wiki page? All of the others have allready been added but this one. Please keep the Wiki going as I see a great future for it however I think you guys are going to have to add information on yourselfs for sometime until it becomes popular and everyone else starts contributing, great day that will be.As for the Lesson no. 5. Ummm, what was it? One lesson per week? Errr. :)--eric

Guest crosswinds

Hi Robert,I have to admit this TRC is very informative and does expose the beauty of the 744 sim.Due to time constraints I couldn't imagine going through the TRC & the sim together (I still can't). This always de-motivated me from looking at the other TRC lessons. I stuck wih my knowledge of the operations while flying the sim. The topic of LNAV & VNAV climb always intrigued me and somehow I just had the time to read through the TRC. I caught the fine points and could successfully apply what I learnt during a later flight. I could solve much reason for frustration I experienced with VNAV descent and learning about applying the SID/STAR restrictions in the FMC.- Its very enjoyable! I don't do a single flight now, whenever I can, without a print out of the full SID or STAR and programing the proc in the FMC where missing!Terrific work and good effort! Best of luck!- JayPS: Now I'm gonna glance through the other three TRCs I've missed too!

I have held off on purchasing the 744 for a long time, but this lesson really makes me want to go ahead and purchase it! very nice.Andrew

Guest Krisana

Hello friends,I have gone through the instructions several times but still have not been able to install this lesson.Not only TRC 4 but also 2 and 3.The only lesson I was able to install into my fs 2004 and running ok is lesson 1..cold and dark cockpit..I even tried to copy the files to the correct locations as shown on page 4-3 of lesson 4 and this too did not help .At the bottom of page 4-2,under the heading " INSTALLING THIS TYPE COURSE LESSON " the last line says .....in the correct directories for you provided that you have " use directories " selected in WinZip.Apparently I can not find and therefore can not select " use directories " at all in the WinZip.Can any one tell me how I can look for this selection in the WinZip.Can I only install and run this lesson without installing TRC 1,2 and 3 ?Thanks

Now this thread is on the slippery slope may I just point out that this lesson is not in PMDG Ops yet.

Guest JoJoDawg

You really need to sticky these lessons. Which are awesome btw.Plus at this moment I cannot click on the lesson files under downloads.Bill Mosser