Sign in to follow this  
OMillerJr

TO/GA Programming to a joystick button

I thought I remember reading that you could program the TO/GA button to one of the buttons on your joystick but I can't figure out how to do it. Was I dreaming? Anybody know how to do it or if it's possible? Owen

Owen,Check the Type Rating Course 1. I think Cpt Randazzo is mentioning how to do it in there. Can be downloaded from www.precisionmanuals.comHope it helps,

Good tutorial but it's not working for me. I'm trying to remap using FS9 but that doesn't seem to work. I've got the CH yoke. Any help here?Owen

This is out of memory so I can get some bits wrong. There are many ways to skin a cat, but here

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Hello Todd and thank's so much for your reply. I don't have the payware version of FSUIPC. I thought setting FS9 options would do the trick but I guess not.Owen

No problem Owen, but why oh why does all english speaking people keep calling me Todd, lol? :7 Anyway, are you using the CH Manager software? Using that together with a nifty litle piece of software called CMFSMaps it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Oh my Tord, sorry about the spelling of your name. Wasn't paying attention, haha. No, I'm not using the CH manager, Don't even know where it is, been so long since I've had the yoke I don't know where to srart looking. I'll see if I can find it. Thanks again. Owen

>I thought I remember reading that you could program the TO/GA>button to one of the buttons on your joystick but I can't>figure out how to do it. Was I dreaming? Anybody know how to>do it or if it's possible? >>OwenHi Owen,I don't have the CH Yoke but I have the Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2. So, I don't know if you can do this with your CH Yoke. Here's what I did: You probably have already done this but in the Type Course Rating, Robert says you can map these commands to your joystick. First of all, you need to start FS9, load the PMDG 747-400 and enter the simulator. Once you have done that, you click on the PMDG menu at the top and select GENERAL and KEYBOARD COMMANDS. In the COMMAND category, select MCP. Scroll down until you come to item 55, MCP SET TOGA and enter a keyboard command. I used CTRL+Z. Go to intem 56 MCP ABORT TO/DISCON AT and enter a keyboard command for that one. I used CTRL+X. In the COMMAND category, select YOKE. This one is for YOKE PRESS AP DISCON. I enter Z as the command for this one on my keyboard. After you have done all of this, go to the properties for your joystick and enter these same key commands. On mine, I select a certain button, enter a discription such as TOGA, click on the game action colume, and then enter the same keyboard command for each one. I'm not sure if yours works the same way but it may give you some idea. You may need to read your CH YOKE instruction manual to find out the exact proceedure for entering these commands. Ken.