Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

744: StabTrimming in the VC

Guest Foizman

Hi Captains,haven't found it in the forums. So my question is:Where is the "wheel" to calibrate the FMC's suggested CG in the Virtual Cockpit of a PMDG's 747-400?I can't find anything in the Virtual Cockpit that influences the green StabTrim-band indicator. - Where is the hotspot of it?- Is there a work-around well known?- And: if I ignore the FMC's CG calculation (cause I can't find the hotspot): what are the consequences to the flight?regards,Volker

Volker, I rarely use the VC during cockpit setup so I can

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest capntom

The stab trim indicator strip guage is located in the VC on the center console, just to the left and right of the throttle quadrants. If you zoom in a bit you can read the values, with "6" about the middle.For the plane to be acuratly flyable by hand, it is necessary to stay in trim, and proper rotation is assured on takeoff by setting the correct initial value (5.5 for example). This is important enough that I have trim switchs for up and down mapped to buttons on the head of the joystick, so they are as acessible as the ones on the yoke of the real plane.Tom

Guest Foizman

hi tom,so there must be some hotspots for the StabTrims on the yoke?Didn't find it. Where are they exactly?regards,Volker

I don't think there are hot spots for trim. I've never noticed because I uses joystick buttons intended for that use, easier to trim instead of moving hand to mouse. The number pad 7 and 1 keys with NumLock off and CDU not in KYBD mode will also do the trick.

Dan Downs KCRP