Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTARS Update for KBNA Nashville Intl

New upload to NAVData and AVSIM Flight Plans libraries...Cycle 0605 PMDG SIDSTAR file by Terry Yingling revised 6/03/2006 by Dan Downs for KBNA Nashville Intl. Added missing DP TITAN1, which is a generic vectors departure but all departure fixes are included. Added turboject altitude constraint and vectors command to STARS. Deleted duplicated or triplicated copies of IAPs. Added missing ILS02C. All RNAV IAPs edited and added all transitions shown on charts. All procedures originally distributed in Cycle 0605 are included in this file.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for all your hard work Dan. I admire your dedication and knowledge of SIDS/STARS. Joe

Dan - how about making a page at Ops that lists all of these SID/STAR updates you've been doing?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

My initial response was why, it's just a list... then, maybe I could do something with explaining STARS. You format would be perfect for others to add, amplify or correct. Let's see what I can come up with.Thanks for the comments.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well I was just thinking that since you're doing custom coded SID/STAR files based on the charts with all the restrictions, psuedo-waypoints etc we could just start up a "Professional SID/STAR" page or something that would have these custom coded files that are more accurate than the standard database availiable in one spot...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan:I reread your "Using PMDG Ops - tutorial thread..." again, but didn't see a method to attach files, if that's what you mean. My procedures are currently available in AVSIM and NAVData, but they are individually posted. I've been toying around with the idea of posting a complete set (there's a little over a dozen so far) after the next cycle comes out. Can I include downloadable text attachments in the wiki server?This might not be the best way to make navdata available at this time, but when DAFIF goes away Oct 2006 we are all going to be looking for data. Using the PMDG server is very appealing.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan;I wonder if Richard Stephan as actually found an alternative data source since he's released 0605 AIRAC and had said that the delay had been partly due to "a massive data source change". I wonder what his new source is.

Dave Paige

Good question, Dave, all I have to go on are the posts he has on his web site including the notification that the data source is being pulled from public domain. My guess is that the only solution is a commercial entity getting involved, based on the fact that there doesn't seem to be any other public domain data available. I also believe his latest release was still from DAFIF, at least it sure looked like it. It's too bad, really, I think the primary objection to the DAFIF data is several governmental (non-US) entities that want to own the rights to their data. This seems to be the primary reason behind the DoD decision. The DoD will continue to publish the data but access will be limited to those that have prior permission, use secure servers and meet a need-to-know test. Jeppesen is the only other source I am aware of, but their data is also licensed to others such as Garmin, Honeywell, etc.Don't forget that Stephan doesn't manipulate the terminal procedures, his (valuable) service provides fixes, routes, navaids and airdrome data. Terry Yingling provides the complementary terminal procedures from the same data source. I have not read anything from Terry that indicates there will be a new data source after Oct 2006.

Dan Downs KCRP