Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesH

About my aircraft

John,Absolutely not. Your note was quite civil. How did I reply to it? I did reply didn't I? I don't remember as I get a LOT of e-mail.As to the notes I'm talking about...."When are you going to start producing VC's for your aircraft? I have absolutely no use for an aircraft without a VC. You're planes would be OK if they had a VC"."I started repainting one of your planes when I realized that there aren't any textures on the landing gear struts. What good is an aircraft with parts that aren't textured?""I want to report a problem with your planes. The doors won't open. Please modify all of your aircraft immediately and make the doors open. Send me the results when you are done."These are the ones that are clean enough to be quoted.At least the last one did say please.Mike Stone

Sounds like the same folks who've been sending me nastygrams.... Even my two year old daughter has learned more tact than what's shown in those notes! :) Thanks for posting those.... Some of those folks probably read this forum, and might perhaps better understand how stupid and foolish such requests look, given that we work on these projects because we love the hobby....I'd rather have your A/C without a VC, and have something worthwhile and proud to show as a screenshot. -John

Mike,please, please keep producing them just the way we like them - as is!

I dont mind if your plane doors dont open in flight.I dont mind if you dont have a virtual cockpitI do mind though if Alpha stops repainting your planesI do mind if my PC blows up so I cant take my screenies anymore.Last thing...I think Mikes models are just fine as my pictures show.Thanks Mikes and thanks Anniette for painting these ones.Craig Kiltie

Did you know..............I used to fly ,then I started plane collecting ,then I started painting,Now I have become a collector of Craig Kiltie Screenshots :) When shall I fly again ..lolYou are the best Craig!! and If you could be so kind to do some more for Little old me for my collection ,I would be so happy ;)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yup will do sometime Anniette.Im just trying to work out how many youve actually done so far.I know theres a few airbus's that you did also and also the ATR repaints. Craig

well said... just keep this in mind, almost every post or email where someone is bashing this or that , is probably some spoiled little 9 year old kid...

Sorry Craig its emmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........Thirty six !!!!!!!I am really sorry ...............lol Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike,Just keep doing what you're doing (so well) and ingnore the static.I for one am extemely thankful for your contributions to this hobby as well as all the others who add to it. Most of us have middle of the road machines and lower. Your creations are just the right combination of realism and flyability. Not all of us can afford cutting edge systems especially since that edge is moving every 3 months. We've lost some great contributors just from the whining of a few spoiled brats.Again, Mike, thank you.Paul MartinChillicothe, Ohio

Guest allblack

Mike,Tell them to get stuffed!If I knew how, I would love to download your planes and use them. Unfortunately, my PC and I are not on the best of speaking terms, but it will learn who's Boss eventually!CheersAllblack

bobg Mike, Love your creations,just the way you build em,love the way they fly and handle, reminds me of my commuting days (1970)s Peterborough to Toronto (international) in my old 172,no bells an whistles,although the doors did open, seem to remember, it was usually midflight, in turbulance or losing it trying to flare on 200' of glaring concrete. I very much appreciate your hard work,and would like to thank you for the many hours of flying pleasure you have provided me,once again,many many thanks,keep those planes comming,please ignore the ignorant few,my instructor used to say, bring that plane back!,students are a dime a dozen So thank you Mike Stone, if you dont think I need that "gizmo" then I dont want it(probably cant afford it anyway) Yours Bob Gurney Canadaps enjoying the constellation,no wonder they sent three drivers/pilots

Guest Scott Campbell

John,If it's any consolation, I also asked Mike if he could make engines and wings and tail visible from the cockpit.As usual, Mike replied in his ever-pleasant style. Even when Mike says why he can't, it's just so nice. ;-)Mike, I'm guessing the "can you make the plane visible" question tops the list. ;-) However, I LOVE the fact you don't clutter the view with VC's and nonsense that makes it impossible to see out the thing.As for opening doors...why would anyone want that? It's a flight simulator, not a catering simulator. I'm just happy to have a beautiful model to look at at FL370 when Otto is flying. Having the bogies flex is pretty cool too, but I do my flying from the cockpit so I don't see that unless I'm slewing. Heck, I still use my modified FS98 737-500 which has no moving parts at all!Which brings up an aircraft I'd like... :-lol

Hi MikeWhen I participated in the "what next pole", I as well as many others requested the Beech 1900D. I have grown to love this aircraft. I guess we all have our favorites and this is now one of mine. Thank you for doing such beautiful work, I love it !!!SteveCYYZ