Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesH

About my aircraft

Guest SoarPics

Hi Mike,Been busy today, so I just noticed this thread and thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.Somtimes I think the toughest part about creating and contributing freely to a hobby is having to deal with the "NAT's". The Nat's are what I call the "Not All There" folks. They are usually fairly new to a hobby, but believe they have a better understanding of what's going on than they really do. They tend to be naturally excited with their new experience, and they haven't taken time to contemplate just how difficult and time consuming creating new stuff really is. And they tend to make innocuous buzzing sounds around your head.The NATs aren't bad folks, they're just not well grounded in the hobby yet. In time one of two things will happen. They'll either get bored and move on to another interest, or they do indeed become grounded in the hobby and start seeing matters in the true light of reality.I believe you know how the folks who have been in this hobby for a while feel about your contributions. It is the opinions of those people you should center on, for they truly understand.In the end what you do with your talents and contributions to this hobby is entirely up to you. I would recommend that you do what you want, and how you want to do it. Only then will you derive enjoyment from your efforts.Respectfully,

Guest Scott Campbell

Greg,I'm glad you defined "NAT", because for me it means "Nose Avoidance Tilt", i.e. kissing. ;-)

Hey Mike,....Your aircraft creations bring me great enjoyment. They build up pretty phenomenal hours working hard in my "sim world"....this is a pretty good time to extend my thanks for sharing these terrific virtual creations with us....As for those who would draw detractive remarks about your fine work...I'm certain that they could easily be directed to find their own copy of FSDS or G-Max...and get busy....After all....talk is cheap......Thanks again, Mike.

:-wave Hello Mike... thanks for all the aircraft you have been designing since FS2002 appeared. People who are writing offensive e-mails should consider you were one the first to introudce GMAX designed aircraft -and what is still more, absolutely freeware-. In my opinion, I prefer having some new models each two or three weeks that having to wait for such a long time as I do with bigger projects. For example, since today I will be flying PA A320 when I want to fly one of these buses, but yours will still remain as AI traffic -not to mention the many hours I've been flying yours during the last months-. In the last weeks I had very good moments with the Beech1900D. And of course is not plenty of details, but it's a B1900D. I don't mind that the doors don't open when I arrive into the parking position, or that there is no way to show the 'don't smoke sign'. I just love seeing the Beech passing by the tower position when using the Active Camera add-on. So, Mike keep up with such a nice work, and pay no attention for the destructive criticism. I'm sure that the ones supporting your work (me included, of course) and adding repaints to your models are, by far, more in number than those who don't like flying them. Congratulations, and we will be looking forward to the following birds. :-beerchug

Hi Mike,Please don't be put off. I know the story as I made MINOR contributions to another forum. People used to say that I create and upload new aircraft faster than they could download them. Until someone complained that I fill their library with too many creations??? That's when I decided to move over here.I've got one motto by which I live: Don't tell the world what you can do, SHOW IT!!! So for all those complaining, my advice is this - Instead of letting Mike know what he should and should not do, rather SHOW HIM by doing it yourselves. I promise you this, after your very first creation, your whole oulook on this freware concept will change for the better.Hennie

Myself as a fellow aircraft designer have gotten e-mails very much like Mike has.... with things like "how come the textures don't reflect?" or "what?? no rolling wheels?" Well since I'm still an old fuddy duddy that uses FSDS to make planes, they don't have the bells and whistles that the latest Gmax birds do... so what.... I make planes that I want to fly and if other folks like em' Cool, if not... your loss. I do however like to get the type of e-mail that give constructive critsizim (I can't spell either :-lol ) Those kind of E-mails help me get better in my designs. Brian

I'll back you up Heather. Just stay low!! I believe Mike has done nothing but terrific work on his planes. I am happy with all of them. I tried a/c design as most have read. To sum it up, IT AIN'T EASY!Mike, ignore the ones who tell YOU what to do and how to do it with YOUR stuff and go on with what you are doing, the way you are doing it. You are making a lot of folks happy and the most important thing is YOU are making YOURSELF happy. Just send them a smile face in an e-mail and go on! :) Thanks for your time and talent, my friend.Don

A big thanks to all my supporters out there! I didn't intend for this to become a praise-a-thon, but all your good words are greatly appreciated none-the-less. My intent was simply to try and head off some of the nonsense mail I get, so I can spend more time answering the good ones (and designing airplanes), and less time hitting the delete button on my e-mail client. Mike StoneP.S. The 727 is about ready to roll into the paint shed. Barring unforseen events I expect to have it out this weekend. It's been one of the toughest aircraft to design that I've done yet, but I think the results are worth it. I'll post a couple of screen shots once I slop some paint on it.

Mike, Your stuff is all good! By the way I still fly the Meridian :) Im not a huge VC fan myself. As another above said don't sweat what the newbies and others criticize. Its obvious to folks who have been around that your a unique aircraft designer and provide many hours of enjoyment to all of us. Eagerly awaiting the 727 screenies! Any idea on liveries for the release? I of course am dying for a good Delta 727 in old colors :)Hornit

you know Mike, if I knew where you lived, why I'd...The nerve of you, I mean, I was flying one of your planes last night, the A320, and when I went to spot view during final approach, I noticed you missed two, count em, TWO rivets on the underside of the left wing slat. And to boot, I'm pretty sure I saw that a bolt on the leftmost wheel on the right bogey was missing a photoreal texture. I mean, how am I expected to fly such a thing??of course, while zoomed in at 50x during this time, I proceeded to crash into a hill, killing myself... :)

Guest Scott Campbell

Hornit,I wouldn't worry about the liveries. Anniette is quite prolific about painting Mike up...errr..Mike's AIRCRAFT up. ;-)

How could you Scott sugest I would paint one of Mike Stones Aircraft ?Ok it is a fair comment :)I have been waiting a Month to paint this 727 and I am going to do the best repaints I have done ,I am going to paint it in lodsa liverys and I am going to make it my number 1 priority above :sleep,food,love,flying and genral sitting around doing nothing.And i am already making a list (the third)of the liverys I gonna paint it in But I am waiting to see what mike does first but What ever happens I am going to do FED EX first !!!!!!My first ever repaint was A320 Fed Ex and is one of my favorites.Also may I say I gave Mikes A320 a few circuits today and some new engines ;) and made the decision it is "Way good enough"Airbus for my collection and really enjoyed Flying it And In my opinion it is still the best A320 i ever seen in flight sim (specially with the new engines ) So apart from Paco's ATR all my add on aircraft are Mike Stones !If anybody wants a particular Boeing 727 livery Just post here and I will really try hard to make it for you :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest SoarPics

"of course, while zoomed in at 50x during this time, I proceeded to crash into a hill, killing myself..."Hey, Piper22, that's a foolproof method Mike could use to deal with the folks dissatisfied with his free contributions. :-lol

I get this type of thing too Mike. Sometimes it does get under your skin and it's VERY hard not to go off. You build, we'll fly. You'll never make 100% of the folks happy, BUT know that the ones you do make happy are behind your past works and are looking forward to your future releases AND that we are thankful for folks like you and Brian and Steven and MANY others.Don