Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raymond vanderploeg

QNH setting B737NG

Guest Raymond vanderploeg

Hello All,I'm flying now the PMDG 737NG for a while. But i have an question about the QNH setting.When i fly from EHAM (Amsterdam), When I'm at the gate I always first press "B" for the local QNH setting for example 1005.Then i setup the FMC and fill in 3000ft Transition Altitude in the PERF.After take-off and passing 3000ft (TA) i press on the baro button for standard QNH 1013, but it remains in the local QNH. After passing 18000ft and i press the Baro button it jumps to standard QNH 1013Do i something wrong?, because in the FMC i set 3000ft TA ??RegardsRaymond

Guest JamieG

I'm not postive, but I think the B for baro problem is going to be a FS issue. Since 18,000 is the transition altitude in the US--it won't go to 1013 until you hit 18000. The FMC transition altitude is for the panel, itll turn yellow at 3000 but you'll probably have to manually goto 1013 instead of hitting b. I could be wrong though.

I believe using "b" is a FS thing, not a plane thing. Since MS programmed the TA at 18k feet like it is in the US, you won't get anything until 18k feet. I might be wrong, but this is my experience.

Raymond, just so that I understand, you only press B once, to set the QNH right? Then you press the STD button on the MCP when you want to switch to the STD setting? I haven

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden