Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigsky744

744 Landing at Brussels National

Guest bigsky744

Hi everyone.I was finishing up a flight from Hong Kong to Brussels last night (sorry I can't remember the Airport code).I was all set to land on RWY 25R and established myself on the localiser and started decending toward the airport. My vertical situation was fine, I was tracking the ILS perfectly. 3 autopilots active and all. But horizontally I was too far left of the runway. The PFD also indicated I was to far left. I ended up having to disconnect the AP and fly the approach manually.Has this ever happened to anyone before?Any help would be appreciated.Craig.

Hmm,sounds weird.I fly in and out off Brussels almost every day and never had this.Where you using Real weather?Could be that you had a crosswind which pushed you to the side of the rwy.Also,are you using the default version off EBBR or the addon scenery from Robert buyssen?Could be that the procedures (SID/STAR) you have don't match with the scenery.GreetzSteven

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

Guest D17S

I fly into PDX (Portland. OR) a lot. The airport setup is parallel runways with a terminal in between. The ILS always has me lined up perfectly on the terminal. Always lots of fun to save the day at the last moment. Haven't figured out what's wrong yet, but it happens.

Guest bigsky744

>Hmm,sounds weird.I fly in and out off Brussels almost every>day and never had this.>Where you using Real weather?Could be that you had a crosswind>which pushed you to the side of the rwy.>>Also,are you using the default version off EBBR or the addon>scenery from Robert buyssen?Could be that the procedures>(SID/STAR) you have don't match with the scenery.>>Greetz>StevenIm just using Default scenery. Where can I get updated (SID/STAR) info?It's weird the plane makes no attempt to rectify it's horizontal deviation.I'll give it another try soon. I noticed that the STAR given for RWY 25R was slightly left of the RWY alignment. Could it be that the 744 is still in LNAV mode during the decent to the RWY somehow?I thought that was disconnected when the AP goes to approach mode.I know this is certainly the case for the PMDG 737.

Gents-I notice that there is no discussion of pilot error here. :-)There should be....Occasionally you will find that scenery has poorly aligned/misaligned navigation aids- but this is rather rare. Most scenery designers are very careful about such things.If the airplane is not tracking the desired course/navaid- it almost always is a result of poor pilot execution and/or having set up the MCP/FMC incorrectly.The airplane will do exactly what you tell it to do- which can be quite frustrating when you'd prefer to have it read your mind and do what you meant for it to do instead. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>>Hmm,sounds weird.I fly in and out off Brussels almost every>>day and never had this.>>Where you using Real weather?Could be that you had a>crosswind>>which pushed you to the side of the rwy.>>>>Also,are you using the default version off EBBR or the addon>>scenery from Robert buyssen?Could be that the procedures>>(SID/STAR) you have don't match with the scenery.>>>>Greetz>>Steven>>Im just using Default scenery. Where can I get updated>(SID/STAR) info?>It's weird the plane makes no attempt to rectify it's>horizontal deviation.>I'll give it another try soon. I noticed that the STAR given>for RWY 25R was slightly left of the RWY alignment. Could it>be that the 744 is still in LNAV mode during the decent to the>RWY somehow?>I thought that was disconnected when the AP goes to approach>mode.>I know this is certainly the case for the PMDG 737.> >You can get updated procedures at www.navdata.atTry the latest EBBR procedures and try them out,maybe it will be solved by doing this...GreetzSteven

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

Guest bigsky744

Thanks Steven I will try that.Cheers,Craig.