Sign in to follow this  
Guest svedman

FMC rejecting manual ILS input when returning to origin

Guest svedman

Hi,I just had a gear retract failure in the 747 and decided to turn back to the airport, KLAX, but the FMC absolutely refused my ILS input.I tried setting up an RTE2 with origin and destination KLAX, activated it, and activated the ILS on the DEP/ARR page. Execute, the route shows up as I expect, but the NAV RAD page says ILS on "Park".I type in the ILS frequency and press the line key next to ILS, but the FMC returns "Invalid input".I ended up having to land manually without any idea of where I was in the glideslope...How should one go about doing this, as I am obviously doing it incorrectly?Best regards,

"I type in the ILS frequency and press the line key next to ILS, but the FMC returns "Invalid input"."I'm not sure how the real FMC would react in situation like this (I expected ILS autotune if Route 2 was fully programmed), but, for manual tune, you have to include the ILS front course as well as the frequency:e.g. 109.50/155This will be described in the manual, somewhere ;)Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>

I have done a few LAX scenarios similar to what you have desribed and not had a problem. Rather than use RTE2 I select the RTE page and then Line select the departure airfield and then put it over the destination. I then select the ILS approach and get a reclearance from ATC. If the ILS remains in park then manually enter the FREQ and CRSE as Qavion described.RgdsSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest svedman

Thanks a lot for your help, I did not type the slash and the ILS front course... That explains the "Invalid input", eh :)But why didn't the ILS auto-tune, though?Best regards,