Sign in to follow this  
Guest beans

737 flight plan in loading on restarting a saved flight

Guest beans

Hi allI have just bought and installed the 737 and I must say althoughit's great plan I am having lots of problems withit.Could somebody please suggest some help with the following issues1 The flight plan does not reload on restarting a saved flight-infact the plane is no where near the desired position.2 Although I plan a IFR flight the ATC does not recognise this and logs it as VFR-this has happened in all the 3 flights I have planed. I have to replan in flight for the IFR. I hope some one can help me with and I look forward to your help. Beans

In general FMC items are not saved with a flight saved in FS, nor are many other states I believe. A few cockpit items are saved - all my flights begin with a cold and dark situation I saved by parking the aircraft at a gate or stand, but even then some items states are not saved.The FMC does not read flight plans other than those saved from the FMC (index/navdata/save) or those generated in its specific format and exported from planner applications FS Build V2 and with an added .dll FS Nav. It does not directly read FS .pln format.The FMC route must be reloaded and advanced to where you are if loading a flight from an enroute position. There are other settings to reinitialize as well.To load a saved plan in FMC .rte format go to index/navdata/flightplans and advance to the page containing your desired plan. LSK that name to put it in the scratchpad. Then go tgo the RTE page 1 and LSK the CO ROUTE and it should load the name in the scratch pad. ACTIVATE, Check it through and EXECUTE.You should really go through the route and leg portions of the FMC manual.

Guest beans

'The FMC route must be reloaded and advanced to where you are if loading a flight from an enroute position. There are other settings to reinitialize as well.'Hi many thanks for taking time to reply-this has been a great help-I am used to flying the 474 RFP and I must say this was a bit of shock to me-finding the fs9 GPS is not recognised by 737 engine.I have to admit the game play of the 737 is absolutely brilliant.Could you please tell me how to reload the en-route flight plan,so I can carry on flying from where I left off ,and also why is my plane always miles away from planned flight path on reloading a flight.Is this a problem with 737 or my fs9.many thanks.Beans

Hi Beans,It is annoying isn't it? The only product that will allow you to save the FMC settings in the flight and resume from where you left off (as far as I know), is the Level D 767 and what a great feature it is! I wish they all had it.Gerry