Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainCrunch

Anyone contrast PMDG 747 with Level-D 767?

Are there any documents or applications out there such as TOPCAT or Tomaflex which we can use to provide for realistic takeoff derates in the 767? If I can get my hands on that, than I'm bying the 767. You guys convinced me. Don't worry Precisiom Manual people, I will have enough money lef to buy your MD-11 and A320 and 737NG. And if I had to choose, y'all know where my allegiances lie :)Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

>Are there any documents or applications out there such as>TOPCAT or Tomaflex which we can use to provide for realistic>takeoff derates in the 767? There are performance charts (and even a tutorial) available for download in the LD Forums to help you get the numbers...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest howard500

Both aircraft are astonishing, no questions, I fly both and they are a pleasure to fly. You do have to have in mind that the 767 is an older product in the FS world and hence might not be as up to date in visual goodies. But wait, if what you want is an outstanding 2D and 3D cockpits, full system immersion, a brilliant flight model, a breath taking exterior and simply, a shere joy to fly and are not particualrly bothered about a virtual cabin, shifting soda cans or books and sunshades then there is no question; the 76 and 74 are hand in hand. I have wasted way too much money on aircraft that are not woth the paper they are advertised on over decades of flight simming, and the unquestionabe conclusion is that there are 4 products out there that simply leave all the rest in shere, painfull shame, those are (In no particular order) the PMDG747 the LDS767, the Flight1 ATR72-500 and all Realair gerneral aviation products. Look no further mate, if you want the "Aston Martin's" in the FS world, you found them.Happy flying,Alonso

Honestly,spend the extra mone and buy both. I have not regretted one dollar or one moment of it. Those are the only 2 planes I fly on mysim now. They both have excellent support andfeatures. I find that where one lacks eatures, the other is stronger.Eg. PMDG doesn't model winds page properly, LDS does...LDS has no DES Forcast, PMDG does it properly.I can find several other #### for tat comparissons like that. Both have excellent visuals (although i like how PMDG got the rudders to deflect into the wind...a first in FS). Both planes r similar systemswise, but don't start flying them at the same time. Get proficient on 1 befrew the other, as the few differences may be enough to confuse you. Looking forward to seeing you on the LDS forums!

It is kind of difficult to ask which one is better as you are talking about two totally different airframes. I believe that the PMDG 747 is the best 747 setup I have seen, and I believe that the Level D Sim 767 is the best 767 setup I have seen. Simple as that.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Indeed, very different aircraft both excellently executed. Both have features I miss on the other. For ease of tactile use, visuals and funtionality in the vc the 744 wins hands down, but for overall ambiance the 767 has an edge for me - I particularly love the 767 virtual copilot and enhanced crew interaction features.Love em both to death - just depends on my mood/route.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest benhoffman

The PMDG 747/737, Level D 767 and Wilco 737 are all I fly at the moment.They are all equally fantastic and simulate the differences of each aircraft really well.I say they are all sound purchases for the super hard core simmers such as me with all my Boeing manuals and charts etc

I personaly don't put Wilco 737 in the same league with PMDGs and LVL-D... I've been disappointed with this product so far. But that's only my personal opinion and experience... :-)

I think PMDG does model winds properly - it just says otherwise in the manual. I seem to remember a PMDG member saying that on the forum somewhere - PMDG correct me if I'm wrong.

PMDG does model winds...It's just the page in the CDU that is not like the real one : with several possible levels entries.

I don't think cruise winds in the real one on the legs page give you a choice of flight levels to enter it onto?

>I don't think cruise winds in the real one on the legs page>give you a choice of flight levels to enter it onto?YES it does... just like in the LVL-D's FMC.

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

>PMDG does model winds...Really? I tried the FMC COMM but that didnt work.Would you mind sharing your knowledge about how to enter wind prediction for enroute waypoints into the FMC with (not only) me?And a few words about the 737PIC, the system and AP modelling is quite good, I even dare to say as good as PMDG, but the planed seems a bit "unfinished", although the most annoying bugs have been patched. Still, the plane lacks in functionallity, e.g. cabin pressuration is not modelled at all. Furthermore,not so important things like the pilot not having full control of the lighting system and/or the visual appearence (the VC flightdeck almost looks like default) make the 737 PIC appear not so professional and fine tuned like PMDG or LDS products are. However, Feelthere put much afford into FMC and AP so the 737 PIC is definatly worth every cent and a must have for any 737 "classic" fan cuz its simply the best classic 737 regardind system modelling up to data.Finally, mayb somebody has alrdy mentioned, but FS2 crew recently released ther LDS 767 edition and to my mind (although I never tried FS2 crew, I only read reviews) this addon rises the realism significantly.

>>PMDG does model winds...>>Really? I tried the FMC COMM but that didnt work.>Would you mind sharing your knowledge about how to enter wind>prediction for enroute waypoints into the FMC with (not only)>me?>Yup !! Really!!LEGS page >> RTE DATA (R6) >> then enter wind in CRZ wpts in XXX/xxx (or XXX/xx) format... Bananas... :)

Ah yes, I remember now...haven't flown the 767 for a while now!Excuse my ignornace!