Sign in to follow this  
Guest vectorguy

Autopilot shutting off

Guest vectorguy

For some reason my autopilot on my 737-800 keeps disconnecting when level at Flight Levels. I have tried command A and B with no luck. Any advice.

Is there a message on the CDU? Do you hear a gong sound when it disconnects? Are you cruising above max cruise as defined on the CRZ page? Please sign your name in this forum... good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest vectorguy

Yes I do hear a gong. Maybe I was pushing the max cruise M.81, but even when I slowed to M.77 I still lost autopilot until I descended with idle power. Ron ShustermanKPVD

Guest vectorguy

Well I just flew again and even at M.78 she dissengaged, but only after cruising at FL300 for an hour. After that hour the Auto-Pilot would not hold and the CDU displayed the disconnect. The disconnect horn would sound each and every time not the gong as I stated before.Ron

Ron: This is not normal, I've been flying the 737-700 for months and have never had this happen; at least you know it's not the simulation. Having not had it happen, I can't give you much help. Are you cruising with VNAV & LNAV active? Are you below the max cruise alt that's shown on the CRZ page? Does CWS become active after the AP disconnect - then maybe it's noise from your joystick. Does autothottle disconnect when AP disconnects? There's is a reason, just gotta keep at it until you find it. Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest vectorguy

Thanks Dan, I'll keep at it for awhile and try different configs.Thanks again. Ron