Sign in to follow this  

Can't load up Project Airbus A320!

I can not seem to install the Airbus in FS2002. I followed the directions to add it into your main FS2002 Aircraft Directory. I can not find it in my list to select it!

First check for the airbus's folder in your aircraft folder. If it is there, open up the aircraft.cfg and take a look at the aircraft name. Then, look for that name in FS's aircraft dropdown menu. Quite often, I can't find aircraft because the name I assume they'd be under isn't used by the designer. An example--a designer might call the Aircraft "Project Airbus A320", or they could simply choose to call it "Airbus A320"....If the aircraft folder isn't there, then there's the chance you didn't extract it properly. I did a zipdive, and it looks like you simply extract the aircraft into the 2k2 aircraft folder...-John

I really have no clue how to install this either. First I have no idea what 'installer' they are refering to so I did the direct extract as it said to do. Could not see it in the game so I moved the folder to the aircraft folder. Now I can see it but it has the default 737 panel. AFter looking through all the files and various folders and readme's I became too confused and gave up. Also downloaded the sound files, but after reading the readme I did not even attempt as it did not seem like a installation that I was used to either. I am sure someone who knows what they are doing will have no problems, but too complicated for me.Steve

I'm almost relieved to see that other people have had problems!! - I've installed many aircraft from zip files and never had such trouble. I thought age induced stupidity was setting in :)The directory structure within the zip file is misleading and if you extract it as per the instructions you will not be able to see the aircraft. The instructions state that you simply have to extract the files into your FS2002 directory - this is not the case!I had to extract the files from the zip, preserving the directory structure and then manually move each directory, with it's files into the correct area in FS2002.I'm still not convinced I've got it 100% correct as I seem to have a 737 panel in my Airbus! Is this correct!!?? :-hmmm

Yep, agreeing with youI am having trouble too. It's crazy, they obviously spent loads of time producing a very good plane and model, then badly messed up the zip/install routine. Like the other poster, this is also the first new aircraft that I have had trouble with.No doubt if you are an FS2002 expert you can figure out what should go where. I initially just unzipped with folder option ticked like I normally do, but that didn't work as it installed the new aircraft files in a new aircraft folder too deep in the file structureAnyways, copying the files up manually fixed that problem, but I am still left with it complaining about about not finding 3rd party gauge files such as a320.gau. I have them in my gauges folder but it still doesnt work properly?Anyone give me a hint what I am doing wrong ? Thanks regards Geoff

What files should I be copying manually and where do each go?

What is really confusing is the numerous sub-folders like 1028 and 640. Obviously, they pertain to resolution, but what do you do you do with them. The directions with the Gauges folder said to be sure two files in the Textures directory or moved into the Panel folder. Why didn't they just build all the right files into the correct folders before they zipped it all together.Directions for proper installation are really lacking on this one. Totally confusing! Give us a little help here, how about it???Keith

This is where extracting to a temporary directory first pays off. See the screenshot below.1) Move the PA A320-111 Airbus Industrie House F-WWDC folder into your FS2002Aircraft folder2) Move the contents of the effects folder into your FS2002Effects folder3) Move the contents of the Gauges folder into FS2002Gauges4) Move the contents of the GaugesAirbus1024 folder into FS2002Gauges1024 folder4) Move the contents of the GaugesAirbus640 folder into FS2002Gauges640 folder5) Move the Word document in the root folder into (typically) the PA A320-111 Airbus Industrie House F-WWDC root folder.

Guest Airbus_A340

The installation instructions are in the read me for manual installation. Everything was sorted into sub catagories Gauges, Effects and Aircraft. All you do is copy and paste all those files into the appropriate directoriesGeofW: I am sure a first-timer woudl read the "Read Me" file.We were going to have an auto-installer to ease things, that may come soon in the future.Any other problems, please don't hesitate to ask in the forums. Sorry if you found the installation difficult.

Guest mberg

yes, but I still would like a step-by-step since many manual transfers were not clear as to location as well as the "re-write" of the panel.cfg and those 2 files in textures that were indicated in the instructions to be moved to panel. I think an updated autoinstall would help immensly.

I wholeheartedly endorse the previous post by "mberg".---Jerry---

Hello TrevorThanks for taking the time to reply. I didnt actually say I was a newbie at FS2002 or plane installing, what I did say was your plane was the first one that has ever given me trouble.Sorry, but I have to disagree with your comment on reading the help file. Plane installing is such an established procedure either they come with a self installer, or simply unzipping to fs2002aircraft with folder option on does the trickInventing some other procedure is simply asking for trouble.It was also unfortunate about the problem with the sound dll, that was what was stopping my install working properly.To fix the A320 install, I downloaded the Falcon50 plane as I knew that contained the sound DLL, anyway all is working now except your sound package zip files seems to have gone missing from the Avsim library last time I checked.Thanks for producing a nice plane, keep up the good work !! regards Geoff

I have performed the installation according to your procedure. I must have something wrong because:a) The panel is that of a default 737:( All the plane is black: both the outside and the inside when in VCI see in the configuration file that a 737 panel is used, but there are lots of A320 specific gauges. When do you see them?Any idea of what might be wrong with the texture? I realize I have a poor graphic system, but it never happened with any other plane.Can you provide some help?Regards,

Hi friends! That sure is a point which I agree with you. Phew! I thought I am the only one with all these problems. A 4 AND A HALF year old P3 450 MHz was what I had to blame. Now I know, it must be more than that. I am having all the trouble as you have mentioned(except in loading the aircraft) and was surprised to find a 737 panel!!!!! Also the textures are black in some areas of the fuselage. On other aircraft, the textures are all granular - I mean that they look like specks of grains scattered over the fuselage. I thought it was normal until I saw the same on my friends P4 2.23 GHz computer. Also I have the same problem with all the gMax aircraft in my folder. Is it my poor graphics card or something. Please help!!I long to see smooth textures!!Regards,Dr. Jinesh ThomasIndia