Sign in to follow this  
Guest crosswinds

Auto-Land Disconnect

Guest crosswinds

Hi everyone!I'm having this issue with the Auto-Pilot automatically dis-engaging at about 300-200ft in to the finals on the B744 during an auto-land. It doesn't happen every time, usually once every 4-5 flights. The disconnect sends my aircraft absolutely hay-wire! I run ASV6 in the background and have all thermals de-activated since this did cause a persistant issue at one time. The issue doesn't come up with the LDS aircraft...... Not really too frustrated- but just out of the limited time that I can allot for this hobby it kinda leaves me dis-satisfied when things go awry in the last stages. - Any thoughts or recommentdations out there?Thanks in advance.- Jay

Guest crosswinds

Hi Mike,Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention but I have not activated wake turbulence. Thanks again.-Jay

You may also want to check the PMDG options menu and ensure these items are not selected. If they are selected, unselect them and try the flight again. This will let you know if your controller is causing the issue (if things work ok after unchecking the boxes)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151285.jpgfrom the manual:"This option allows the user to enable the use of 'Override Steering' capability to momentarily overide autopilot commands through the use of flight control input via the joystick/yoke/throttle."

Guest crosswinds

Thanks for the suggestion George. I have engaged both these options.... will give it a try to figure things out.- Jay