Sign in to follow this  
Guest beans

A/T will not engage

Guest beans

Hi EveryoneI am a newbie with the 737-800/900.I am a having a hard time mastering the FMC.One of the many problems I feel I need help with at this moment is with thw FMC, when I set the N1 limit screen-I can not engage the A/T on the glare shield for the whole duration of the flight.Can you please tell me how to over ride this as the manual says you can-but does not mention anything.Also can you help with the TCAS-I have switched this on at the radio panel and the TCAS OFF light disapears from the screen-BUT I don't see any dots or warning sounds regarding close proximty of the other planes.I look forward to your helpTass

Guest beans

many thanks for the link-only 1 more questionafter posting a message on this site...I can't find it..I have to rely on the email alert to find the replies.Any ideas how I can look up the recent messages etc.many thanks.I am thinking of buying the 747 400 this week end as well,could you tell me if the can save the en route flight route.Tass

Hello Tass - and welcome!PMDG's planes can be difficult to master - since there are so many buttons to push! However, they are really fun to fly once you get the hang of it.As far as your questions - here goes.Engaging the A/T:1: In order to use the A/T - you have to first engage the Flight Director (FD Switch on MCP -- left side). 2: *I think* you also need to be running on engine generator power (not APU power) for it to work. Once you've got the engines running, look on the overhead panel and make sure the APU is turned off. 3: Then make sure you flipped the GEN1 and GEN2 switches. They have a blue light above them that says "GEN OFF BUS" - if it is lit up - hit the switch.*** EDIT: Ok - I read the ops thing Markus sent the link to. Turns out the FD doesn't need to be on - so just ignore that step. ***TCAS:1: Once you turned the TCAS on using the radio panel -- you need to turn it on so the data shows up on your screens.2: To activate it - just push the button labeled "TFC" on the glareshield. Left click on the middle of the range selector knob to do this.3: Adjust the range using the range knob as you see fit. *I think* the TCAS will only work up to a certain range - but I'm not flyin right now - so I don't know the exact number. If you have some AI traffic installed - go to JFK and turn the thing on - you should see plenty of stuff there.If you need any other help - just let us know - we're here to help!

Guest beans

Himany thanks for taking time to write down the detailed instructions-much apprciated.I couldn't agree with you more about both the complexity of PDGM planes and also what fun it is to master them.I thought the 747 RFP was hard but these are equally challengeing and fun too.I have just ordered my 747-400 and I think you guys out there better get ready for non stop barrage of questions from me.Once again thanks for replying-maybe PMDG team need to write more concise step by step tutorials or maybe even have media player files with step by step giudes-like 747-200 RFP.Tass

>2: *I think* you also need to be running on engine generator>power (not APU power) for it to work. Once you've got the>engines running, look on the overhead panel and make sure the>APU is turned off. >3: Then make sure you flipped the GEN1 and GEN2 switches. They>have a blue light above them that says "GEN OFF BUS" - if it>is lit up - hit the switch.Dan, you might want to rethink your flow here. You write to first make sure that the APU is turned off and THEN that the ENG generators are turned on. You should reverse that as it's not desirable to loose all your power after engine start.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard