Sign in to follow this  
Guest macjack

Will not stay on glide slope when route includes legs for missed approach

Guest macjack

When I have an ILS approach and the last leg in the flight plan is the runway, the plane will descend as described in the manual. However, if legs are included for a missed appoach or go around when I get down to about 1000ft AGL, the plane changes pitch and I no longer am following the glide slope. Which means I come in to high and so really have to go around. I could avoid that by disengaging the AP and landing manually. However, according to the manual I should be able to descend to about 30ft before I disengage the AP and turn off the AT. Others have indicated that even if I have the legs for a missed approach the plane should still descend to EOD. Is this happening because I am using an earlier version of FSUIPC? I am really stumped on this one. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where the problem may be?Jack McAfee

Hi Jack,If you can take some screenshots of your PFD once established on the ILS and again once the pitch change occurs we might be able to help out. Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Are you using approach mode to fly the ILS or are you using VNAV and LNAV?

Guest D17S

That's my guess too. Press the "APP" button on the MCP to get all this following stuff when you start that last leg that is pointed right at the runway. Press the APP button and then check the PFD's Thrust, Roll and Pitch FMAs for "SPD", "LOC" and "GS" in green . . . with "CMD" (or "LAND 3") just below. Also see that the "APP" button and all 3 MCP / AP button lights on. Then set gear down, landing flaps, dial in your landing airspeed into the MCP . . . then keep your hands in your lap . . . just like a real pilot would do!However, to get any of this to work, you must have the runway's ILS tuned. Check the upper/mid-left side of the PFD for frequency numbers. If they are not there, come on back. You have some more stuff to do.

You guys are good hehe - I was thinking exactly the same thing, bet VNAV was his vertical mode...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Actually when you are receiving the localizer look for the localizer ID in the upper left of the PFD. Be aware that MS default airports that share the same localizer frequency at each end of the runway do not have their backcourse disabled so until you are within a degree or so from intersect you could be getting the opposite end (with different ID). Be sure the ID is correct for your chosen runway before pushing APP.If you wish you can use the freeware AFCAD V2.21 to go in and disable backcourse on these shared frequency runways before you start your flight.

Guest macjack

Actually, I was asking about the 737-600/700. I plan to do some screen shots tonight to see what I've got. To re-iterate, if the last waypoint is the runway, the plane lands as it should. I only seem to run into a problem when I have a go around procedure tacked on at the end.The other question I should ask is what is the earliest version of FSUIPC that I can use and the plane will function as it should? Jack McAfee

Guest macjack

I have the screenshots but can't find any info on this forum on how to paste the images into a message. Perhaps I am suppose to put them somewhere else. Do you know what I should do.Jack McAfee

Guest macjack

Okay, I finally figured what is going on with the plane not staying on glide slope when making an ILS approach that also includes a go around. Apparently, at least on my system, the plane is very sensitive to what the flap settings are. I have a tendency to go ahead and advance the flaps when within speed restriction. Well, on this plane you bloody well better follow the markings on the speed tape as to when to advance the flaps. If you advance prematurely, at some point the plane will increase pitch with the result of overflying the runway. I asume that is the way it is supposed to work in real life, if not, then there is something wrong with my particular setup for FS. Jack McAfee