Sign in to follow this  
Guest ivo

PMDG Joystick Buttons

Guest ivo

I got a new joystick. The X52. Its great except for the fact that the joystick is too loose. The last one I had was stiff so now I have to get used tothis one and at first is was a bit hard to control the aircraft. But the throttle is exceptional. :)But my question is about button mapping. This thing has sooooo much buttons and they can come in pretty handy. :) I mapped out all the buttons in theFS Assignments, but I can't use them will payware addons. I have to go and map them out for every specific payware plane. So thats exactly what I wasgoing to do but I can't figure out how to map the buttons on the PMDG aircraft. On the LevelD 767 for example, you can click on the 'ChangeAssignment", and then press a joystick button and it works. On the PMDG aircraft it won't let you press a joystick button. It only wants keyboardbuttons. So how do I map the buttons?

I have the X52 also. Nice setup I must say!Because of the issue you already outlined, I find the trick is to use the Saitek controller software to assign keypress macros to the buttons that match the key commands in the 744.So for example I have one of the three toggle switches as my flap lever. I assigned the upwards movement to the 'F5' key, and the downwards movement to the 'F6' key.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest nik_the_greek

>I got a new joystick. The X52. Its great except for the fact>that the joystick is too loose.I had the exact same problem! What I did was to put four pieces of plastic isolation rings for tubes under the spring. Works just fine now. Just like the X45.>But my question is about button mapping. This thing has sooooo>much buttons and they can come in pretty handy. :) I mapped>out all the buttons in the>FS Assignments, but I can't use them will payware addons. I>have to go and map them out for every specific payware plane.>So thats exactly what I was>going to do but I can't figure out how to map the buttons on>the PMDG aircraft. On the LevelD 767 for example, you can>click on the 'Change>Assignment", and then press a joystick button and it works. On>the PMDG aircraft it won't let you press a joystick button. It>only wants keyboard>buttons. So how do I map the buttons?The PMDG 747 has an option for mapping keys through FS. Just open the PMDG tab and it should say somewhere keyboard mapping (I think :-). Map the keys you want there.BUT these assignments will override the FS key mapping!!!!So look out not to use a key that is already used by default from FS.I have a profile for the Saitek Profile editor. It uses almost every key on the joystick in all three modes. I also mapped a thrust reverse in the third mode for the last 20% of the throttle. If there are more who would like the profile I could upload it in the AVSIM library.Hope I could helpNik

Guest ivo

Please, upload it. :) I could sure use it. I just got the X52 yesterday, so I'm still gettings used to all of its functions. Big improvement over my Logitech 3D Pro. I tried making a profice fore myself but that doesn't help. :( Even though I made a profile, I still can't use it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :(Anyways, thatnks for the advice and please upload it. :)Ivo

Guest nik_the_greek

OK, I'll upload the file in the library, but not before the weekend, because my exams are still running (finishing school this year!!!!!!)and at the moment I don't really have much time.Have a nice weekendNik

Guest millimeter

Great joystick - and it really gives you everything at you fingertips. You can download my DAT file and put it in your Program files --> Saitek -->software folder. Load it as you would load your normal profile.http://www.skovlunden99.dk/images/010101/F...4PMDG_Queen.rarTake a good look at the setup. Be sure to map the corrosponding keys via the PMDG menuGood luck