Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

More on FMC CoRoute "PROGRAM ERROR

I am having similar problems as SVEDMAN in his message string of April 12, 2006 - "FMC CoRoute "PROGRAM ERROR"When I try to enter a COROUTE in the FMC I get "PROGRAM ERROR". I have the 0606 AIRACs and SID/STARs for PMDG products and for FSNavigator installed.I use FSNavigator 4.7 with the PMDG export module installed.1) Using FSNavigator, I have created a route from Frankfurt to Vancouver, starting with a runway and ending with a runway. I use the auto-calculate function. I change nothing manually. I name it

Nigel,Not sure, but I've got a feeling that your CO ROUTE name is too long. I haven't found anything definite in the manual, but try to name the file FRAYVR001.rte.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I've successfully used longer filenames, up to 14 chars, so I suspect the limit is not the problem. Is the program error for all .rte files or just this one?

Dan Downs KCRP

>I've successfully used longer filenames, up to 14 chars, so I>suspect the limit is not the problem. Is the program error for>all .rte files or just this one?Thanks Dan,I stand corrected ;-)Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

If the exported plan contains waypoints described as longitude-lattidude be sure that they exported in the correct format for PMDG. Your route is oceanic and this may be the case.Try a non-oceanic route to see if this problem exists maintaining Vancouver as the destination.Why don't you post the generated route before export here so it can be attempted in another flight planner that exports to PMDG such as FSBuild just to narrow the possibilities.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have been reading your comments and trying out a few things.I suspect the problem is at Frankfurt

I see my eddfcyvr.fsn file did not come through properly as a txt file so I am resubmitting it as a zip fileNigelVancouver

Only those with FSN can read this file.Either attach the exported FS9 .pln, the exported .rte, type out the waypoint list, or all of the above.BTW, do you have an add-on version of Frankfurt or an add-on AFCAD2 for it?You are correct in that the PMDG folder the file name should be eddfcyvr.rte (or I believe .rt2 for the 747).I am not familiar with FSN but it appears the database items regarding eddf are incorrect possibly in the SID-STAR portion.Does FSN have the option of building the database from your current FS9 airport/scenery configuration? Best to keep it in synch anyway.

Hi RonI tried a conversion to FS9.pln and got the same FRAB for eddf so figured there had to be a problem at Frankfurt.Following up on your query on addons, I checked out my SimFlyers Frankfurt and found I had two copies of the AFCAD file, one in Frankfurtscenery and one in Addon SceneryAFCADscenery! So I removed one but I still had the same errors in the flight plan transfers.Your last comment proved correct since I did a new data base creation for FSNavigator

? What do you need to know?I do not do more than three hour legs in the 737NGs and do not experience out of memory areas. The only thing that comes to mind might be to insure you have installed the FS 9.1 patch which fixed some of those, mainly with scenery and autogen leaks.Glad you got the database error sorted with FSN.Somewhere in the libs here there is a utility that finds duplicate afcads. That might be worth a run. I do not use it since I use afcad itself whenever I install scenery but a full scan couldn't hurt. Only stock plus one is allowed.

>? What do you need to know?Nothing, I bumped my message to the top since I wanted to be sure you had received my thanks! And see that some of your suggestions helped resolve the issue.Re memory, I have had trouble with the 747, it really sucks the resources dry, the Performance Graph in Task Manager shows it using more than 1GB RAM, the flying is jerky and when I exit FS, my desktop picture has gone leaving a pale blue desktop with a slow restoration of the icons. I have a page file setup on another drive.So I added another 1GB of RAM and the 747 performance improved substantially but my dealer put in a new Antec380W power supply, very quiet but I had a lot of computer crashes, I took the extra 1GB RAM out and no more crashes. I did a lot of tests which pointed to inadequate power supply, but in the interim my dealer had a heart attack followed by quintuple by-pass surgery! So I was a bit stuck; would you believe he came back to work 10 days ago - 13 days after his surgery, but anyway tomorrow he is to be getting me a bigger power supply(I hope an Antec550W) and I trust I will be back flying and can try the eddf/cyvr flight.NigelMy System prior to updating PS and RAM:AMD Athlon 64 3500+Gigabyte GA K8NS ULTRA-939 mobo ATI Radeon X800XL video card AGP (Omega drivers)1GB Samsung PC3200DDR RAMMaxtor 80GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 250GB 7200rpm hard driveCreative Sound Blaster Live! with latest driversNEC FE950+ crt monitorCHProducts PCI yoke and pedalsWindows XP Home edition with SP2DirectX 9.0©iCute 400W power supply with five case fans

AMD processors and those video cards you list suck a lot of power so you are going in the right direction with a 550 PS.Even with background processes not needed shut down I found at least 1.25 GB ram necessary minimum to quit paging.Think you'll be OK.